Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ABC Warriors

Options
  • 10-08-2009 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

I was a big fan of Khronicles of Khaos and Hellbringer - I particularly enjoyed the twisted humour, gore and the sheer evil of Blackblood. I probably first read it in the late 90s and even now, it stands to me as one of my favourite comic books.

I'm just looking for recommendations for more - I think the above books work well collected in the one volume, but is this a series where I should start at the beginning or is it ok to just pick up whatever I can find? Would appreciate any recommendations on the best collected editions - doesn't matter if it's the work in colour or b&w.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Nemisis the Warlock has some fun ABC warriors tales. I think it's mostly in the collected book 2. Not 100% on this thou.

Then again Nemisis is a fun book in one Volume.

Currently working my way throu all the neat 2000ad related trades that are coming out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jmean

You have to read ABC Warriors "the black hole mission" with Pat mills, simon Bisley & SMS, ( simon bisley's finist Black and white work to date and his first comic work i think) by if you really want to read from the biginning you will have to start with Ro-Busters, is out as a GN at the moment too.

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I agree the black hole is excellent.
    Khronicles of Khaos is very good too.
    The earlier stuff is a bit meh...
    some of the later stuff is shockingly bad tbh. One series in particular is known best for having some of the worst artwork ever in 2000AD...
    Nemesis is certainly worth checking out. The best Nemesis series are from about the same time as those ABC Warriors stories. The two tie in closely, and the ABC Warriors feature in some of the Nemesis stories.

Advertisement