Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy an approved gun safe now? Also- Must I change current safe?

Options
  • 10-08-2009 10:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

I'm concerned about my gun safe standards (BS Kite Mark) and how my FO or CPO will view my current safe. TBH IMO there is nothing wrong with the current safe that i use but will the law give any lee-way in this area by using their own discretion. Surely its ridiculous to for everybody in the country to buy a new safe just to comply with this exact standards.

As in other areas of the new licencing system will there be any allowances made for those who purchased prior to the new legislation?

Regards Ivan

Comments

You only need a new safe if your current one doesn't match the set standards. These standards are not new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Wait to see what the outcome is. If there is no issue then you have not spent money for nothing.

Bit like the NCT, let them find the faults then you fix them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

once it complies with the standard you have nothing to worry about and from my bit of research most branded ones do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

You only need a new safe if your current one doesn't match the set standards. These standards are not new.

I know that they are not exactly new but there wasn't as much concern over this issue when i bought mine in 'Tallaght Rod and Gun' many many moons ago. I just trusted that they sold me an approved safe because before the www..net the only bloke that would tell you the facts was the gun-dealer..

Thank go those days are over!!!!!!

once it complies with the standard you have nothing to worry about and from my bit of research most branded ones do.

How did Infac safes fair out during the course of your research?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

How did Infac safes fair out during the course of your research?
    Did you read the other thread Ivan?

rrpc wrote: »
    Did you read the other thread Ivan?
    I'm looking around now but some threads are so long that they take a while to get through.
    Did you see something about infac safes

PS No haven't read it yet

I'm looking around now but some threads are so long that they take a while to get through.
    Did you see something about infac safes

PS No haven't read it yet
    I'll give you a hint so, It's called 'gun safes' :D

this is so complected!:( Thanks

So infac safes seem to be OK and exceed the British standards:D

this is so complected!:( Thanks

So infac safes seem to be OK and exceed the British standards:D
    So it appears. :)

You can rest easy now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

In the UK they use the term police approved. When I set up my security arrangements I followed the UK home office guidance which is quite old now. However if you compare it with our new SI they are very similiar. Links available from BASC and google.

There is a lot of panic on alot of threads:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

There is a lot of panic on alot of threads:eek::eek:

Due to things being done arse over elbow.

Advertisement