Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs vs Liverpool [match thread]

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Balfey1972 wrote: »
    here's hoping they can't play any worse in the 2nd half.
    Here'e hoping they can :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i'd happily take a 1-1 in this to be honest, i think they are gonna be a much better team this half

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

LOL @ the keeper

Sherifu wrote: »
    LOL @ the keeper

??????

Twas a stone wall peno in fairness, think its time to try pav or crouch

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

shocking keeping. he was going nowhere and puts a hand in. great peno

• Advertisement

lol @ defenders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Well they didn't go to sleep after scoring there...at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Can't believe Keane got the nod over Crouch - and promptly repays the faith with a shocking miss. :rolleyes: and now another poor effort.

hopefully he will make me eat those words but ffs !

crouch did nothing when he came on , he's rubbish and a waste of money

epic epic stuff, thought we where much the better team to be honest. I was very impressed with our passing and palacious had an inspired performance.

Fair play to all the lads,

Only downer was i didn't see much from crouch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Great start to the season. Can't ask for more! :D

Would have loved for Keane to score tho.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

crouch did nothing when he came on , he's rubbish and a waste of money

Didn't get much of a chance for a fair comparison. You're not on here talking about a hatrick of misses as per Robbies performance. If he'd missed a few sitters then I'd say fair enough but for the moment jury is still out ;)

Delighted with the result though !!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

spurs were better team by far first half i think. should have been out of sight athalf time but for keanes shootin.

second half was good from spurs at the start but liverpool turned the screw half way tru the half. gifted the chance of gettin back in the game. gomes???? what were u at,man. no danger.

all in all i think liverpool were below par and spurs played well. great debut by bassong.

liverpool might call for pens but just before there 2 appeals spurs had similar appeals right before them. challange in the back of crouch n the handball from o hara shot. ref did well i feel. stone wall pen n a couple of yellow cards when needed

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Didn't get much of a chance for a fair comparison. You're not on here talking about a hatrick of misses as per Robbies performance. If he'd missed a few sitters then I'd say fair enough but for the moment jury is still out ;)

Delighted with the result though !!!!! :)

great result all right, makes a change from getting beaten on the opening day like the last few years.

as for crouch , i've never rated , i hope he does well for us but on todays performancei'd prefer a stiker to miss those chances than not have them in the first place

great result all right, makes a change from getting beaten on the opening day like the last few years.

as for crouch , i've never rated , i hope he does well for us but on todays performancei'd prefer a stiker to miss those chances than not have them in the first place

I could not agree more, i believe glen hoddle said it years ago when robbie keane first signed that once he makes the chances he is happy because one day he will knock them in as we know he did before liverpool signed him.

I would take robbie over crouch anyday i was happy to see him and defoe do so well upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I fancy us to nick it 2-1 - Harry's great home record continues

Fair play .... spot on !!!

he he he

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pablodomingo

All todays hard work will be gone if we resort to the away form of recent seasons. For too long we,ve been strong at home and lost silly pints at so called "lesser teams". Lets start midweek. On yesterdays park the bus performance at Chelsea we should break that mould and beat Hull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

All todays hard work will be gone if we resort to the away form of recent seasons. For too long we,ve been strong at home and lost silly pints at so called "lesser teams". Lets start midweek. On yesterdays park the bus performance at Chelsea we should break that mould and beat Hull.

spot on. that'll be the real test.

anyone else on spurs at 9/4 to win? Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

A good team performance from the lads. I didnt think Pool played at their best but nevertheless theyve played worse and won so fair play to our defence and midfield for keeping them reasonably quiet.

Plus Points: We cut em open more than than anyone expected and should have gone in at half time with the game sewn up.

Minus points: Cant be too critical as we won, but wtf was the Otcopus doing, Johnson was going wide of the goal and i can only think he had a mad moment. Slightly disappointed that Robbie didnt convert at least one of the chances he had.

Anyway 3pts from one of the 'supposed big four', bring it on.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

great day at the lane - the place was jumping, should have been 3 or 4-1 in fairness.

Liverpool are a very average team - Massive hole left by Alonso's exit

Their manager is a long ball merchant - Spanish Harry Bassett

They got what they deserved

Well played Tottenham, special mention for Palacious and King.
    2 world class performances - I fcuking love those lads.

I'll sleep well tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

great day at the lane - the place was jumping, should have been 3 or 4-1 in fairness.

Liverpool are a very average team - Massive hole left by Alonso's exit

Their manager is a long ball merchant - Spanish Harry Bassett

They got what they deserved

Well played Tottenham, special mention for Palacious and King.
    2 world class performances - I fcuking love those lads.

I'll sleep well tonight ;)

You were spot on DS, fair play.
    Great Day yest, the pints were lovely in the irish centre after :D
    Great atmosphere too.
    Thought King was superb, if only he had 2 good knees, we prob wont see him for a week or 2 now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

brilliant stuff,the lane was rockin brilliant atmosphere completetly outplayed them for most of the game , when crouch came on we started to play very deep soaked it all up though, king and bassong worked very well together modric and wilson outstanding all in all the best outcome anyone could of hoped for.

Advertisement