Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap car hire spain october

• 10-08-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I need to book a car for alicante spain for a week in october,last year the prices were way less and it seems like every day I look now the prices are going up,I thought waiting for the high season to end might give better deals as oct is off peak but it seems to be dearer its getting,any ideas why,who to try,when to book?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Try Hertz through the Ryanair website. Usually hard to beat.

Failing that try using travelsupermarket.com for price comparision.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭plonker

anyone ever use or hear of www.firstcarhire.com or www.victoriacars.com both seem to give great quotes with no excess and extra driver free,no mention of cdw tho,is cdw important,anyone ever use theese companies,i rang carhire 3000 who i usuually use and they couldnt come near the quotes i had got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Car hire has increased a lot in Spain this year - apparently the banks have taken back a lot of cars, so there isn't as many to hire out, hence more demand which means more money. Had awful difficulty getting one at Easter - ended up borrowing a car from my dad's friend over there.
    Have never used those companies before, normally use www.carjet.co.uk, www.rentagain.com & www.goldcar.es

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

www.autoeurope.com

I find good and cheap.

Advertisement