Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome your new overlord...

Options
  • 10-08-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

As you may already know GuanYin has stepped down as Moderator of the Science catagory of Boards.ie.
    Also, Grimes has also parted with the modship of this forum (to pursue his career in archaeology, blergh!).
    So, a big thanks to these two for all their help through the forum's difficult first year.

Now, another Moderator joins this desperate battle. A newly promoted commander, ready to lead in our darkest hour. Nerin is this Moderator and he will tip the balance toward victory!
    267323826_15057df980.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

o/

Hi. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

congrats nerin! rawk on!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

jesus-dinosaur1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

I would like the forum to become more open minded and broad spectrum to more topics.

Such as people in archaeology been more aware of many aspects to this topic that is classified. Been aware that they are many things in society that are covered up within this area of research. I do feel the mods haven't a notion of this topic whatsoever. Many paleontologists that work for top secret government and societies found things that will never be revealed to the public.

You can take my post as opening a can of worms. But the fact is somebody has to bloody wake up to this fact. Remember it is only something triggered within you, simply because you lack the knowledge of this subject throughout.

I would like to see people to have enough cop on and realise that the lack of evidence is sometimes deliberate for controlled reasons. The fact of the matter here they are realities in this subject that have never been exposed or discussed to the public. Just because some things lack evidence doesn't mean it is not true. If people had enough intelligence especially in subject's like this would know that sometimes lacking in evidence is kept hidden I admire the work the local and independent guys do out there trying to go about their job in this area and find out for themselves. But the truth is, most of us are only catching up in what is already known.

It is a fascinating area of research to be in. There is 4.1billion year history of earth yet to be discovered for the public view, doesn't mean the great societies don't know already in fact it's very likely they are keeping the info controlled to your overview perception and that they control what you realise to be real and not real or what is fact and what is not fact. I would hope people come to realise how little we know, rather than how much we know. There is a certain level of arrogance coming to this forum. It needs to be dealt with.

There is a certain awareness needs to be brought forward in that we should realise just how little we do know and how quick we are to condemn someone with information you have not heard before. In saying all this I hope the forum actually becomes something rather than posting up stuff that is based from the system results. I would like to changes.

All the best.
    Mysterious.

If anything its going to become a more evil and censored forum. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

:pac:I for one welcome our new <TODO: Insert Witty Phrase Here> overlords?

EDIT: Spiritual Nocturnal Zombie Survival Overlords?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

marco_polo wrote: »
    :pac:I for one welcome our new <TODO: Insert Witty Phrase Here> overlords?

EDIT: Spiritual Nocturnal Zombie Survival Overlords?? :pac:

Teenage Prehistoric Ranting Nocturnal Zombie Overlords.
    mysterious wrote: »
    I would like the forum to become more open minded and broad spectrum to more topics.

Such as people in archaeology been more aware of many aspects to this topic that is classified. Been aware that they are many things in society that are covered up within this area of research. I do feel the mods haven't a notion of this topic whatsoever. Many paleontologists that work for top secret government and societies found things that will never be revealed to the public.

You can take my post as opening a can of worms. But the fact is somebody has to bloody wake up to this fact. Remember it is only something triggered within you, simply because you lack the knowledge of this subject throughout.

I would like to see people to have enough cop on and realise that the lack of evidence is sometimes deliberate for controlled reasons. The fact of the matter here they are realities in this subject that have never been exposed or discussed to the public. Just because some things lack evidence doesn't mean it is not true. If people had enough intelligence especially in subject's like this would know that sometimes lacking in evidence is kept hidden I admire the work the local and independent guys do out there trying to go about their job in this area and find out for themselves. But the truth is, most of us are only catching up in what is already known.

It is a fascinating area of research to be in. There is 4.1billion year history of earth yet to be discovered for the public view, doesn't mean the great societies don't know already in fact it's very likely they are keeping the info controlled to your overview perception and that they control what you realise to be real and not real or what is fact and what is not fact. I would hope people come to realise how little we know, rather than how much we know. There is a certain level of arrogance coming to this forum. It needs to be dealt with.

There is a certain awareness needs to be brought forward in that we should realise just how little we do know and how quick we are to condemn someone with information you have not heard before. In saying all this I hope the forum actually becomes something rather than posting up stuff that is based from the system results. I would like to changes.

All the best.
    Mysterious.

Nerin wrote: »
    If anything its going to become a more evil and censored forum. :)

Ah the enslaved minds to keep the system as you put.

Couldn't of put it better myself.:D

That video was a crock of ****.

It goes on the basis of what the Left brain sees, whether facts given or not, its deflates the full potential of the human brain. The right brain is not used.

Therefore imbalance.

The science you know Galvasean is kindargarten stuff to what the system already knows, 13,000 bloody years ago.:P The science of today only indoctrinates your mind and it will be of no use when the times comes of the great cycles of the earth.
    :D:D

Considering some of the things you have posted on this forum Mysterious, the idea of you calling something a crock of **** is somewhat laughable.
    But then again, the video is based entirely on logic, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to me that you didn't get it.

Oh, and if you don't like science you shouldn't really be posting in a science forum, seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Isn't Nerin a little young for Palaeontology ? :confused:

*fawns over the 'raptors*
    "soon my pretties, sooon"

Isn't Nerin a little young for Palaeontology ? :confused:

*fawns over the 'raptors*
    "soon my pretties, sooon"

If dad says im ready, im ready...

*pats Dakosaurus andiniensis*

Easy Godzy... easy...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Nerin wrote: »
    If dad says im ready, im ready...

*pats Dakosaurus andiniensis*

Easy Godzy... easy...
    47c7b8f908922d00242bb189869ffdfe.gif

Galvasean wrote: »
    Considering some of the things you have posted on this forum Mysterious, the idea of you calling something a crock of **** is somewhat laughable.
    But then again, the video is based entirely on logic, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to me that you didn't get it.

Oh, and if you don't like science you shouldn't really be posting in a science forum, seriously.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, I see ignorance on your part. you don't study science you retain it.

There are things I won't say on this forum. There are things that go way beyond the perception of this reality. But it's you who is showing narrow mindness and dependability on a system. That can distort things to twist how you see reality.

Someone just got banned. Here's hoping no one else decides to try derail the thread.

So yeah, its been a week. How are you settling in Mr. Nerin?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Welcome Nerin.

<snip>

Galvasean wrote: »

So yeah, its been a week. How are you settling in Mr. Nerin?
    *lifts cowboy hat off face*
    Its grand. *puts hat back over face and snores in hammock*

<snip>

Don't snipe at users who can't defend themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭GradMed

Welcome Nerin and best of luck.

Advertisement