Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application or is it a Reapplication

Options
  • 10-08-2009 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Good day all,

I have a question and I am genuinely confused and would hope that somone here can clarify something for me.

Why is it that firearms owners who already have been issued with a firearms licence/cert and currently hold, have to apply or is it reapply for a firearms licence/cert.

Is it now the case that all current firearms licence holders are being considered as first time applicants.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I don't think it's "now the case that all current firearms licence holders are being considered as first time applicants" but more along the line of you will have to reapply every 3 years for a license for your guns.

A small difference as you won't have to be background checked, or maybe you will :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

clive answered it in that it's now gone to a three year format. However I would also add they need to ensure that the information on the system is right and get a handle on exactly how many firearms are out there.

Alot of people wont bother re newing (re applying) and save their money, for many reasons including they dont shoot but have it because their Father gave it to them etc etc, de facto taking firearms out of circulation.

Advertisement