Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from eircom

Options
  • 10-08-2009 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭

I have been looking at my download limit and i go well over it.

So i think i may change from eircom to one of the others.

As i can only get dsl in my area, i am on a 7Mb broadband & eircom talktime family now.
    Smarts site says i can get there Nationwide Bit stream products, that the eircom line right but the speeds they give for it are up to 24 on this line its cheaper on their own lines but i cant get anything from those

what can anyone tell me about the Broadband & Anytime Call Bundle at 9Mb is €2 cheaper than the 7Mb broadband & eircom talktime family

also when its a eircom line how low will i be waiting for repairs if anything happens after telling smart

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Varik wrote: »
    I have been looking at my download limit and i go well over it.

So i think i may change from eircom to one of the others.

As i can only get dsl in my area, i am on a 7Mb broadband & eircom talktime family now.
    Smarts site says i can get there Nationwide Bit stream products, that the eircom line right but the speeds they give for it are up to 24 on this line its cheaper on their own lines but i cant get anything from those

what can anyone tell me about the Broadband & Anytime Call Bundle at 9Mb is €2 cheaper than the 7Mb broadband & eircom talktime family

also when its a eircom line how low will i be waiting for repairs if anything happens after telling smart

If your only concern is downloading then there is no reason at the moment to leave Eircom. There have been no reports on here of Eircom hassling downloaders to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

i get around 200gb over so that about €2000 in charges
    1c for 1 mb over so €10.24 for 1gb

i have only been with eircom for since june can i change or will have to wait

like i ask do smart customers need to wait longer for eircom to fix lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

eircom's contract is usually 12 months, so there's nothing you can do about it until next year.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

i get around 200gb over so that about €2000 in charges
    1c for 1 mb over so €10.24 for 1gb

i have only been with eircom for since june can i change or will have to wait

like i ask do smart customers need to wait longer for eircom to fix lines.

Where are you living?

Roundwood wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Roundwood wicklow

Do you know what speed your line is capable of?

i am on the 7mb now, i am cose to the exchange under 1.4km

Rate (Kbps) : 7168 384
    SNR Margin (dB) : 14.8 16.0
    Attenuation (dB) : 19.0 10.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

Is he saying he was charged or knows someone who was charged 2 grand for downloading? Don't think eircom care about download caps??

i dont know anyone or have every heard of anyone from anyone that thinks someone was charged

so no eircom dont care about caps

but

the amount i go over works out as 2k

Advertisement