Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you consider it?

Options
  • 10-08-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I posted a number of months ago about being in a job that I really hated (crazy hours, working from home after I left for the day etc) and it was starting to get me down etc. Well, I am still here but not for much longer as the job is going to another country - not with me aboard! Anyhow, a position will be open in the company in the next few weeks but it would be a significant pay cut but would be no stress our hassle and while jobs are very scarce to come by it would really be a case of 2 steps backward to take the position, if offered. Is it a bad idea to go backwards or in this current climate look upon it as revenue coming in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

in this current climate look upon it as revenue coming in?

You said it.

You can job hunt while in the other job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

JustMary wrote: »
    You can job hunt while in the other job.
    Totally agree. No point to leave a job and stay with nothing but stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Take it as a base, and then you have your couple of weeks to try and find something better.

Advertisement