Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

return of the NFL!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Saw this earlier. That fake punt was perfect. Look at how he handles the ball while swinging for the "kick". Some great blocking aswell. Love to see plays like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I don't understand why they'd run something like that in a nothing game rather than keeping it for the regular season. It's a great little play, maybe next time he'll actually hand the ball to the guy running behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

the problem was you saw how fast Michael Griffin was stuffed after he came behind the punter so the hand off probably wouldnt work too well...i really think its gonna be hard to run this play again because teams will know to not send all their guys after the man running on the trick play...all 3 of the Bills players went for Griffen, thats never gonna happen again! you'll start seeing one man going straight for the punter and whoever else going for the man in the back

was a great trick play while it lasted though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Only caught the highlights as well but those uniforms were awesome. So much better then their "modern" ones.

The Fake punt play was quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Fake punts are the Wildcat of 2009.

The punter can run with it... he can hand it off on the reverse... he can run the option, throw it...

I'm telling you, fake punts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Didn't the Pats run a fake play on 4th during their perfect regular season? It might have been against the Jets.

Not sure about that but there was a fake punt just a few years ago on Monday Night Football between the Bills and Cowboys although it probably helped that Brian Moorman apparently is the fastest Punter in the NFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

ye he's quick until he gets jacked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Not sure about that but there was a fake punt just a few years ago on Monday Night Football between the Bills and Cowboys although it probably helped that Brian Moorman apparently is the fastest Punter in the NFL.

I think Moorman ran a 4:50 40 at the combine...nice speed for a punter

ye he's quick until he gets jacked up.

Fixed your post. Even though that was the Pro Bowl it was still one heck of a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Man, how I loathe pre season games.

Advertisement