Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The year is 1991 !!

• 10-08-2009 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Alright I stole the idea from the cage forum :rolleyes:

The year is 1991 and you are in the market for a new ride, what do you choose ?.

Please post a pic and the reason why .

My choice:

1991 VS 1400 GLP Intruder

1991_VS1400GLP_Intruder_450.jpg

It's got shit brakes (single pot front :eek:), rock hard suspension but it'll make you look like a right hard ass in your denim sleeveless jacket :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Can I wait a year for the first 'Blade to be launched? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

waraf wrote: »
    Can I wait a year for the first 'Blade to be launched? :D

Whats a "Blade", never heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

full.jpg

This style appeals to me the most from 1991, still not a bad looking bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

KTRIC wrote: »
    Whats a "Blade", never heard of them.

Seriously???? You've never heard of a Honda Fireblade :eek:

Back on point. It'd have to be an RC45 for me back in 1991 (assuming budget isn't an issue :D)

vfr_750_rc45.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

1991_RGV250gamma_450.jpg

Oooh so fragile, the smell of Castrol 2T and the dingdingding noise as it warmed gently before getting its nuts thrashed off on a back road. (I changed my mind, I want mine back)

This thread makes me sad...

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

:rolleyes: I seen the concept pics for the 1992 Fireblade, due out next year. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

duke 888 :cool:

94Ducati888.jpg

also a nice cbr600 about that time iirc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

10194_0_1_2_zxr%20750_Image%20credits%20-%20ken%20adams.jpg
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

mmmmmm...... 90_NSR_250_bluewhite.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭steviebg

Hey waraf where was that picture taken??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Back on point. It'd have to be an RC45 for me back in 1991 (assuming budget isn't an issue :D)

vfr_750_rc45.jpg
    How the hell did you get into my house ? :P

Seriously, I'd be out robbing post offices to afford an RC45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

.cepter......this one's for you........... :P

...it's March 1991, and I've just collected mine. No, really, I did ! Still have it - and the receipt !! :cool:

RGVlhs_1.jpg

..and I sold this to buy it !!

bikepics-320963-800.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

In 1991 I just got me full bike licence and went out and bought a CBR, she was a screamer....3808997361_917f17fc9b_b.jpg

'cepter, there's a red RGV for sale in Galway for ages...........too-big money, though......2500 iirc.....was on DoneDeal

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

My babes, the L model on the right is 1991.

2z7lxqr.jpg

Also coincidentally 1991

s5b4mh.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

1991 - It would have to be one of these new scoots I suppose with improved 5 port transfer barrel and that distinctive square headlight...
    t5_1.jpg
    get that knee down yay!!

...Tomohawk wins !!

...but in 1991 my SO was riding a P200E and saving for a new T5 Classic....which came in Spring '92........she took the bus to Jack Nolan's from Galway and drove it home :D

Mind you, she had to drive it back when we discovered they mixed the reg's of two bikes on the same day, and the frame no's were wrong - had to cancel and re-reg them !!

Will find a pic - I took a good one the day it arrived in fab Met Blue.

Ode To The Motorist

Advertisement