Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned

Options
  • 10-08-2009 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

where have i head this before rolleyes.gif

OP banned for utter shite talk and THEN spamming. Yes I'm grumpy that I'm not asleep at 4am in the morning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PMT

Can I please be told, why i have been banned.

I emailed the mod- he has decided to ignore me
    I have emailed Boards - likewise
    Thd charter says I should get a warning.
    I never used vulgar language
    I never castagated an unplesent inference in regards to some elses business.
    I dont know what i did wrong

theese are the mods comments

where have i head this before rolleyes.gif

OP banned for utter shite talk and THEN spamming. Yes I'm grumpy that I'm not asleep at 4am in the morning.

Should the mod not be banned for foul and abusive comments !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You were banned yesterday. Which, was a Sunday.

Neither Mods or Admins are here 24/7. All the work they do is in their own time. So foot-stamping because something that happened last night hasn't been resolved by lunchtime today won't get you anywhere.

The reason you were banned is because you used Bands & Musicians forum to advertise/troll for business. We're not here as a platform to provide free advertising for you/help you drum up business.

I dont think just looking for info or accepting that a Mod refuses to answer a email is foot stamping.
    I think the the vulgarity and the unprofessionalism of the comments were unwarranted and unbecomming of a erson in a responsible position ,
    I am not trolling for busisness as all i am doing is offering help and support.
    People have been banned for less vulgar language

So
    where can a manager look for bands if not in the musicans contact.
    Is it ok to be told i am talking utter ****e
    is it ok for the mods not following the charter that thay set down
    Is it ok to be accused of footstamping when all i am asking for is an explaination

Regards and have a nice day

Your definition of "offering help and support" differs from ours, then.

your responce is welcome is perhaps devoid of any real answers or substance , indeed this effort of trying to extract information seems quite bizarre all i really want to know is

where can a manager look for bands if not in the musicans contact.
    Is it ok to be told i am talking utter ****e
    is it ok for the mods not following the charter that thay set down
    Is it ok to be accused of footstamping when all i am asking for is an explaination

My mod has stilll decided to ignore my request. you have involved your self in my quest.

loads of contacts and threads offer studio time, production , and even hire of musicians, and indeed if my definition of help differs from your why not at leas have a discussion rather than reverting to slightly extended monosylabic retorts that neiher answer, solve, resolve or lend my impression to what a good or effictive mod should be. I understand you do this of your own free time an i applaud your hard word and dedication. but we are all human and if the mods dont folloe their own rules, (no warnings, Bad vulgar comments) tem where or who de we rely on for a standard of professionalisim this site deserves..

Personal comments against me, rude and vulgar comments about my work are not welcome and should not be allowed.

• Advertisement

The point I'm making is that what you did is wrong. How you've reacted is wrong.

You're still relatively new around here. It might make sense for you to see how things work here before you start throwing your weight around and making demands.

can i have my ban revoked please,

The point I'm making is that what you did is wrong. How you've reacted is wrong.

You're still relatively new around here. It might make sense for you to see how things work here before you start throwing your weight around and making demands.

Can i have a decent reply please. i am not making demands I am asking a simple number of questions and again Mods retort with personal comments

if anybody else agrees with me please speak out,

free speach should not be procscribe, undervalued or not allowed , if that happens then the poplle should rise up-- G washington ----

If a man asks a simple question, the least he deserves is a simple answer -- JF Kennedy

A man that does not answer a question either hides behind fear or the fear of reaf itself--- W Churchiill

can someone please reply--

is it too much to ask for some mod help please-- i am still banned!!!

Again - pointing out we're not here 24/7 waiting to reply just to you.

You've got an answer. You don't like it, and while that's unfortunate, it's not going to change.

I've no intention of overturning the forum Moderators desicion in this case.

• Advertisement

even if his origional decision broke the protocol set down by the mods.

come on fairs fair, he never even respondeds to my emails.

I understand your loyality to your collegue, but I do feel at leat the most i deserved was a warning

What protocol?

And we do not have "colleagues" - as I explained earlier, the moderators on this site volunteer their time. Most of them wouldn't know each other if they walked by each other on the street.

Thanks for the reply,
    the protocol i refer to is the charter set down.

In the charter it states that someone will be given a warning before being banned !!!!!!.

I really didnt know i was doin anything wrong .

The punishment should fit the crime-- a total ban seems hard, espically when you read the mods xommments about my Company---!!!

Again please can i have this reviewed.

Thanking you in advance

Charters are guidelines, not contracts.

Now, as for the ban being permanent, well that's another thing. I'd imagine it can be removed by the Mod in question - but if you've approached him in the same way as you approached this thread I can see why he might not be too enamoured with you.

how does one start the long , lonely walk of redemption .

i really am sorry- i really am i just got such a shock, i am new to this and it was so unexpected. i dont know what the norm is and for my immaturity and eagerness i offer huble apoligies to all who i have hurt.

Regards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

sorry all I was away for a while and have only been catching up with PMs now.

the ban was permanent due to the default (leave blank if spam) ban setting when your banning someone, which was assumable given OPs post count of 1.

Anyways, lifted the ban seeing as how the OP seems not to be a 1 post spam wonder that is all too common on bands / musicians

Sounds like a reasonable solution to me :)

Advertisement