Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday Present, Recession, Has everything...

Options
  • 10-08-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK this isn't a major issue, but still I would like some advice.

Here is the problem. My boyfriend seems to have everything, any cool gadget you can think of he has. He has a massive collection of dvds/music and basically has any new albums/computer games or movies on the day they come out. He's got all the little sporty gadgets he needs. He is into cycling/running/kayaking.

I don't earn as much money as him and I've budgetted about 150 - 200(at a stretch) for his birthday next month. Now the only things I can think of that he does need would be way out of my budget.

TBH I don't think he'll care what I get him but I do want to get him something to show how much I care. What do you get the person who has everything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Moved from PI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

spend it on doing something rather than giving something. An experience. Spa day, tourist bus around Dublin with you paying all entrance fees, luxury dinner. Life is abouot experiences and he's probably really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mmmbop

I agree with barbiegirl, there are loys of different adventure days you can do too, or something like a hot-air balloon ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Indeed, and I agree with the posters above.

DVDs/CDs/Games/Books/Clothes all suffer from depreciation and don't really mean anything after their first use.

I suggest you plan a day out, where you will take care of everything. A room in a hotel for the night is roughly around 75 Euro incl. breakfast in the morning, during the weekdays. You could plan something to do for the day and head back to the hotel for a meal and your room. If I was your boyfriend I would be pretty exstatic with that. :)

Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Name a star, or how about these from Maplins? http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=83624 LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

I'm sure you could find something on some Irish gadgets sites, hint hint :D

How about something like golf, guitar lessons if you dont want to go the traditional gift route.

Advertisement