Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film (2006)

• 10-08-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see this documentary? I'd been keeping my eye out for a while, and finally picked it up last week. Very decent documentary I thought. Probably nothing groundbreaking in terms of information, fans of the Halloweens and Friday the 13ths might know enough about their origins already; but there are some interesting interviews with the likes of John Carpenter, Wes Craven, and special effects guru Tom Savini.

http://www.amazon.com/Going-Pieces-Rise-Fall-Slasher/dp/B000LAZDOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249907750&sr=8-1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I loved it,so many memories came flooding back while watching it.

*sighs and remembers fondly*

How much did you pay for it?

If you were to buy the Last House on the Left 3 disc Ultimate edition,the doc comes with the set on disc 3.

Well worth investing in.

I suppose the one bad point about it is that there was no critique about the genre.It was a total love in.

Having said that,Im a sucker for the old slashers so I didnt really mind.

Have you seen "His Name Was Jason"?

Its a documentary about the Friday the 13th franshise hosted by Tom Savini.

Again,its a total love in but it has some interesting tid-bits and trivia in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I managed to find a previously viewed copy for a grand total of 6 euro :D

I'll keep my eye out for His Name Is Jason, I'd be interested in seeing it...I loved the bits in GTP where Savini was explaining how he did some of the deaths, the man is a genius.

I managed to find a previously viewed copy for a grand total of 6 euro :D

I'll keep my eye out for His Name Is Jason, I'd be interested in seeing it...I loved the bits in GTP where Savini was explaining how he did some of the deaths, the man is a genius.

Genius he may be but he's also a complete and utter asshole in person. He sees himself as some auteur and will act like a prick to his fans or agree to an interview then not bother to turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Genius he may be but he's also a complete and utter asshole in person. He sees himself as some auteur and will act like a prick to his fans or agree to an interview then not bother to turn up.

Ive heard that alot about him alright.Still,prick or not,he is a forking genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Loved this documentary but to me, as to most here I'm sure, it was a nice convenient packaging of everything I knew already in one complete set, which I suppose is what it should be but I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more new material to be revealed but I guess it's just lost or not there at all. Best bit IMO is the extended interviews included in the special features, shouldn't have cut half of what's there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement