Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning a Mobile Phone

Options
  • 10-08-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I bought a Samsung J700 a few hours ago. I asked the guy what the functionality was like, sending messages etc. He said it was fine, similar to a sony erricson, which I have had before.

Im using it now and its all over the shop. Thers like 10 steps just to write and send a message. And it only saves messages to the sentbox if you specifically request it, and wont save them if they are replies

I'm just wondering, is it possible to return it? I very much doubt it but I thought I'd ask

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Very doubtful. Nothing wrong with the phone, so no reason they should take it back, just that it's different than what you're used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I bought a Samsung J700 a few hours ago. I asked the guy what the functionality was like, sending messages etc. He said it was fine, similar to a sony erricson, which I have had before.

Im using it now and its all over the shop. Thers like 10 steps just to write and send a message. And it only saves messages to the sentbox if you specifically request it, and wont save them if they are replies

I'm just wondering, is it possible to return it? I very much doubt it but I thought I'd ask

Depends on network. O2 and three will take it back within 7 days from purchase (three might be longer). Vodafone won't and I never dealt with meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

course you can, 7 days return policy with most networks, was it prepay or billpay? if it was bill you'll be liable for any costs run up but if not there should be no issue returning it, check you reciept it'll have the return policy on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

krudler wrote: »
    course you can, 7 days return policy with most networks,

Not true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Pythia wrote: »
    Not true.

With most you can. Vodafone won't take it back if the shrink wrap is removed. Three is a 14 day money back gurantee iirc and o2 is 7 day customer remorse. Meteor and CPW I'm not sure about. Assuming CPW uses same distributor as the networks, they should have same policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dsuser896

If you manange to return it, just ur get urself an iPhone and save urself a lot grief. those are great phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Pythia wrote: »
    Not true.

Except it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

dsuser896 wrote: »
    If you manange to return it, just ur get urself an iPhone and save urself a lot grief. those are great phones.
    Why because theres an apple on the back?

Advertisement