Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to stay in the city for Coldplay gig in Sept in Phoeinx Pk

Options
  • 10-08-2009 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Have been looking to book a double hotel room for the Coldplay concert on Sept 14 (Monday) and so far the couple of places I've seen are trying to charge approx €140 for a double room, on a Monday night:eek: No way should you have to pay that, nor will I because that price is crazy.

So then, any recommendations of where to stay that's within at least a decent cab journey to Phoenix Park, or even better, within walking distance.

Only need the bed, don't have to have brekkie, and doesn't have to be flash, just clean and trustworthy:)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

€79 Euro for a room in Jurys near the IFSC... not a million miles away and the room should be really boring and drab. (you are going to a Coldplay gig! :D) You will get cheaper on Gardiner st, around €60 for a small hotel room (Browns maybe), and cheaper again with the hostels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

IFSC would be perfect. Hop on the train and get off at Ashtown then its a short walk to the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

dancor wrote: »
    IFSC would be perfect. Hop on the train and get off at Ashtown then its a short walk to the park.
    Or LUAS and half an hour walk through the park from Park Gate Street.

LUAS gives your more choice of travel times.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Aisling Hotel is nearby but that's probably expensive. What about B&Bs?

Hmmm... I rarely have good experiences in B&B's, never got one in Dublin though.

• Advertisement

Thats what I was thinking too tbh.

You often get the feeling you're staying in somebodyelse's house but the bigger ones are better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NickJagger

travel-lodge in castleknock
    €49 a night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

NickJagger wrote: »
    €49 a night

thats the best answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

NickJagger wrote: »
    €49 a night

Not on the night the OP wants though. 109 euro a night then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Try www.centralr.com - they've great offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks all for the heads up. As said above, the night in question most are charging throught the roof.

Aisling Hotel is 139, Jury's in Christchurch never again after staying there last December for a gig in the Olympia.

So I suppose the closer the better. No point in us spending say €59 on the room, only to have to get 2 taxis at €20 a pop.

I'm gonna have a look now at some suggestions above.

Keep 'em coming though:)
    lightening wrote: »
    the room should be really boring and drab. (you are going to a Coldplay gig! :D)

:D Yep you're right there. Actually I'm more looking forward to the support acts, Elbow and White Lies:cool:

Col200sx wrote: »
    No point in us spending say €59 on the room, only to have to get 2 taxis at €20 a pop.

As said before, you don't have to get taxi's. Plenty of Public transport, You won't get hotels cheaper in any other part of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

See the search results at:

http://www.hotelscombined.com/SearchResults.aspx?fileName=Dublin&pageIndex=0&tabId=Details&rateTabId=rateViewSimple&checkin=2009-09-14&checkout=2009-09-15&sort=MinRate-asc&locationId=-17629&currencyCode=EUR&Adults=2&Rooms=1&lowRate=50&highRate=90&pageSize=15

You can sort/filter by price, star rating, distance from city center, etc. Very handy. :-)

And be sure to check tripadvisor.com for reviews of any potential hotel (e.g. do a Google search for tripadvisor gresham hotel dublin)

Advertisement