Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please can you give a look at my case.

Options
  • 10-08-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

I have been recently banned from a particular session of the forum. The reason is that the thread I open might be an advertise.

I have a chat with the moderator that did ban me and we arrive to a conclusion that I shall post a thread here to ask the admin stuff an opinion.
    The moderator I spoke with is Makikomi. As a personal note, he said that "this is at the lower end of the advertising scale and I've no objections to any recommendations the Admin have". Please contact him for further details.

My personal note is that my intentions are not lucrative, I do not intend to make any kind of profit and maybe this is was not so clear in my thread. I have not problem stating this clearly in my thread.

Please I would appreciate if you can give a further look at my case.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

We don't really allow the kind of advertising that you were doing, I'm afraid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hi again D, & Buffy.

It was with regret I'd to ban Daniz (although its just for two weeks as is the norm for me).

Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilian art form that combines elements of martial arts, games, music, and dance and its a style which is very poorly represented on the Self Defence & Martial Arts forum.

After some PM's I understand that Daniz's intentions are genuine and I wouldn't oppose lifting the ban & letting Daniz post again if it wasn't for the soul purpose of advertising his/her group, how thats gotten around I don't know.

But as I've stated, its a poorly represented style in the SD&MA forum & I do believe Daniz had genuine intentions of primarily gathering an interest in a local group training in Dublin.

Sounds like a good compromise to me.

If daniz is happy with that, then so am I :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Sounds like a good compromise to me.

If daniz is happy with that, then so am I :)

Thanks, I know it was explained to me before how I lift a ban - but I'm having more senior moments these days than I care to count!... Too many bangs to the head in training me thinks!.

If that ban can be lifted, I'm full sure D & myself can work out a compromise.

Ban lifted :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 daniz

Hi,

Many thanks to all. Makikomi helped a lot he was really professional.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll try to state clearly that my activity is a no profit one.

Many thanks again for the quick handling, I did appreciate that.

Daniz

Advertisement