Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSS Feeds

Options
  • 10-08-2009 2:29pm

I just got into using a few RSS feeds and have a question about the boards.ie ones, especially the one for Bargain Alerts. It doesn't seem to show all the new threads posted, just some of them. In fact I can't seem to work out why it shows some and not others. Am I doing something wrong or are the feeds just a little unreliable here? I pm'd a moderator of Bargain Alerts a few days ago but heard nothing....thanks for any help guys, just curious not giving out :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

As far as I know the feeds are reliable - only new threads will show up in the feed however, so it will never look the same as the standard "default" view of the forums. It should mirror the view of the forums ordered by start date, though the feed isn't as up to date as the actual forum.

Threads started a few days ago that have a lot of posts and therefore stay "bumped" won't show in the "new thread" feed.

Òh I get it now! :D Thanks ever so much for clearing that up for me.

Advertisement