Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dboys v Colt

Options
  • 10-08-2009 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

which of this two is more realiable a Dboys M4a1 cqb or a Colt M4a1 cqbr...I ask this cos Im having difficulty of deciding which one to get.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Colt isnt an airsoft manufacturer.....

BOTH those guns are models of the COLT m4a1 cqbr rifle.... who makes the second?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

KOBOY wrote: »
    which of this two is more realiable a Dboys M4a1 cqb or a Colt M4a1 cqbr...I ask this cos Im having difficulty of deciding which one to get.:)

both are just clones the colts rebranded chinese made with brands so you get the name ,
    as for which one ,

have a dboys m4a1 that fell to bits and the paint peeled off the barrel ,
    id maybe look at the G&G plastica range or you will pay a bit more but you get quality and piece of mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭KOBOY

Gatling wrote: »
    both are just clones the colts rebranded chinese made with brands so you get the name ,
    as for which one ,

have a dboys m4a1 that fell to bits and the paint peeled off the barrel ,
    id maybe look at the G&G plastica range or you will pay a bit more but you get quality and piece of mind

Thanks Gatling... much appreciated....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Essentially, both the same.......As discussed on other treads, Cybergun actually use other manufacturers such as Dboys & JG to manufacture/produce their licensed/trademarked versions. The only real difference between the two is that Cybergun have the license from Colt to market & brand them as Colt replicas.

the sheer range of armalite m4's is huge easily pick up a standard m4a1 then add the rails and silencers later on,

internal wise the dboys are ok but need upgrading ,still wouldnt buy another one myself,

look at
    G&G
    G&P
    TM
    Classic army

seeing sci-ops post just reminded me you could go pick up a gas blow back m4 for the same price as a dboys m4 that will leave a seriously big grin on your face

• Advertisement

seeing sci-ops post just reminded me you could go pick up a gas blow back m4 for the same price as a dboys m4 that will leave a seriously big grin on your face

True, but there are a numer of modifications which need to be made to the AGM GBB M4, see Masada's review in the latest Take AIM issue for some of the issues you would face. By the time you add in the cost and time for replacement parts, theat cheap purchase is not quite so cheap......you do have a huge grin factor though:D

Should also mention that spare magazines are not cheap......

But its fun.... so much fun....

What the hell is airsoft about if not that? We all ready pay over 100 a pop for toy guns, what the heck to a few spares for a serious laugh.

I might postpone my purchase then cos i only have limited budget, cant afford bigger name brands of AEG's atm.

I might postpone my purchase then cos i only have limited budget, cant afford bigger name brands of AEG's atm.

In fairness Koboy, yes the paint on the D-boys is not the best in the world, but I think Gatling may have been unlucky if he had trouble with the internals. There are any number of players who made D-Boy and other clone purchases who will tell you that they have been rock solid. I believe Thermo recently posted in a similar thread stating that he has his d-boys nearly two years and still going strong.

Actually I already have a JG HK416 bought last year, i just want another one for back up in case the other one falls apart. Well just have to wait until next wages comes in and maybe i have enough to purchase a G&G.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Great thing about about m4's is the amount of upgrading and rebuilding you can do, atm im looking at some really unique bodies, blackwater trades anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Actually I already have a JG HK416 bought last year, i just want another one for back up in case the other one falls apart. Well just have to wait until next wages comes in and maybe i have enough to purchase a G&G.

Buy another 416, join the 416 whores club:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

i have the g&g gr16 m4a1 and its a serious bit of kit, great quality and performance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Dboys M4's are rock solid, hardly need any work, if any at all.

Get a prometheus barrel, madbull blue hop or guarder hop bucking and a g&p m120 motor and it will fly.

To be honest, the dboys m4 i had had no paint issues at all...

Higher brand does NOT equal better in all cases... Dboys, JG, and kalash are excelent brands, and really quite comparable to 'high end' guns as people call them...

just to throw it up here my dboys m4 internals were ok ,
    as for the paint that completly stripped off the barrel defenderdude sorted that with a tiger stripe paint job ,
    the main problems in the reciever were the reciever tabs crumbled to dust found some its way into the mech box ,
    then the outer barrel sheared in two where it sits into the reciever,
    total write off ,
    in saying that ive seen 2 and 3 year old dboys without any problems ,

mmm reciver tabs?

That must be an ancient dboys... Mine had a g&p style body in manufacture style... single front pin that holds the recier on, slips onto it and lips under at the rear...

that rifle sounds very early in the acm history tbh...

its about 2 years old now and only seen 4 months use replaced by a succession Mauri aegs,
    speaking of aegs Firekitten how do you rate the g&p's

Advertisement