Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C+H Sports Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

unknown13 wrote: »
    It would be nice to Villa win it. I think this will be a 1-1 and someone will win it on penalties.

Well, United haven't scored at the New Wembley outside of Community Shields, so it'll probably be another snore-fest. Villa don't exactly play exciting attacking football...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

deise_girl wrote: »
    I think Waterford will beat Galway in the NHL tomorrow :)

yea same here. Wins for tipperary and kilkenny too. Thats if dublin play as bad as they did against ye last week. And with no mccrabbe, its a big blow to the team. A strong force in the team, i'd be interested to see how they cope without him especially up against the likes of tipp.

Are the portumna lads still resting deise? If so, i'd say ye'd beat them alright. They weren't too impressive against limerick last week from what i could see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Well, United haven't scored at the New Wembley outside of Community Shields, so it'll probably be another snore-fest. Villa don't exactly play exciting attacking football...

Wasn't Spurs / United last year 1-1 in the Carling cup or was it 0-0

They might considering they beat my county with a load of in-experienced players last week.

They might considering they beat my county with a load of in-experienced players last week.

and ye had alot of yer best players starting for ye and had players like dotsy on the sub bench!

and ye had alot of yer best players starting for ye and had players like dotsy on the sub bench!

Daly is great manager but can be an idiot at times. IE the All Ireland quarter final.

Wasn't Spurs / United last year 1-1 in the Carling cup or was it 0-0

Nah it was 0-0. The only goal in a cup final involving United at the New Wembley was Drogba's in the FA Cup final in 2007, and that was in extra time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Galway & Waterford match tomorrow if it hasn't already been mentioned :p up Galway :D:D

Nah it was 0-0. The only goal in a cup final involving United at the New Wembley was Drogba's in the FA Cup final in 2007, and that was in extra time...

I am really glad I did not watch that match. Everyone I talked to said it was pure shíte.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

yea same here. Wins for tipperary and kilkenny too. Thats if dublin play as bad as they did against ye last week. And with no mccrabbe, its a big blow to the team. A strong force in the team, i'd be interested to see how they cope without him especially up against the likes of tipp.

Are the portumna lads still resting deise? If so, i'd say ye'd beat them alright. They weren't too impressive against limerick last week from what i could see.
    Think McCrabbe is back starting actually! 11minutes waiting for the friggen paramedics and all it was was swelling and bruising, it was ridiculous!!
    Yup Portumna are resting thank god :pac: I think we have a chance coz tbf without the Cannings Galway are only half a team.
    Yea I know it was a load of inexperienced players, but when you look at who is out, how many of them would really start in June?
    Last Sundays starting would be the guts of our June team, so we dont really want to be losing heavy defeats tbh. Well June we'll have Eoin Murphy, John Mullane and Eoin Kelly starting after that it would be atoss up between those starting sunday and those resting/suspended.

• Advertisement

I haven't seen the dublin starting team so i wouldn't know. That's good news if he is. He's class. I'll have to find the dublin starting team. Wonder if dotsy is starting tomorrow. I still think tipp will beat them.

And what did Daly do in the all ireland QF, unknown?

I am really glad I did not watch that match. Everyone I talked to said it was pure shíte.

The CC Final last year or the FA Cup in 07?

Not that it matters, both were shíte.

And what did Daly do in the all ireland QF, unknown?

Took 4 of the starting forwards off in the last 20 minutes when they were up against Limerick.

The CC Final last year or the FA Cup in 07?

Not that it matters, both were shíte.

FA cup in 2007

Took 4 of the starting forwards off in the last 20 minutes when they were up against Limerick.

ah, they tagged up a few scores straight after the 2nd half kicked off but went dry.
    Ye just lost because of inexperience and unfortunatly ye were up against an experienced team used to being in those stages of the championship.

You should be counting your lucky stars that ye didn't meet tipp in the semi final for a mauling anyways :pac:

You should be counting your lucky stars that ye didn't meet tipp in the semi final for a mauling anyways

In all fairness it would have given hurling a big boost if Dublin got to an All-Ireland semi final in hurling because it could be the measuring stick to how popular hurling is or can be.

I am sick. Dundalk got a late goal against my team tonight.

That prediction was very fa from the truth...
    Least we'll beat Limerick in 9 days :)

I could not believe Dublin trashed Tipperary. Great win against a team that nearly beat Kilkenny in the All Ireland Final

• Advertisement

Excellent win for UCD away to Drogheda :)

Roll on Bohs on Tuesday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Come on Tipperary!

'mon the Cats!
    :D

(I kid, i kid)
    I'm neutral :cool:

'mon the Cats!
    :D

(I kid, i kid)
    I'm neutral :cool:

Neutrals hate Kilkenny

Dublin 3 wins out of 3 in the NFL great going since they always do shít in the NFL.

Neutrals hate Kilkenny

true that. But Limerick supporters hate Tipp GAA. So i really am neutral :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Wins for Dublin, Tipperary and Leinster.:)

I am very happy with the FA Cup semi final draw.

Chelsea -V- Aston Villa

Portsmouth -V- Fulham / Tottenham.

There is a decent chance the Cup could be coming to the Lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

woot!!! Ireland vs wales.

Wales got really aggressive and faster since the last time we played,it used to be put the head down and push through them,now they've a lot more athleticism in their game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Turning out to be a great match, I was so close to getting a ticket i'm raging i didn't :( I feel so sorry for Sexton though he's a great player but just isn't getting the ball over the bar! Good score line atm anyway 16.3

Bye bye portumna. Major fumble by canning in goals, 1-18 to 0-13 for ballyhale with 10 minutes left.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Canning fail? Ha!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Canning fail? Ha!

ivan canning. His brother. Not our joe! Our joe doesn't fail! :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Damn, that's actually disappointing!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Canning fail? Ha!
    Not the Canning, one of his brothers!

They were unlucky though, if they didnt muck up the goal they had momentem and I dare say it could have been alot closer.
    Hate looking at the losing teams in finals, they're all so teary eyed and red faced :(

ivan canning. His brother. Not our joe! Our joe doesn't fail! :)

Sorry but aren't you from Limerick. not Galway

Sorry but aren't you from Limerick. not Galway

:rolleyes:
    Well spotted.

CMON KILMURRY IBRICKANEEEEEEE!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

joe canning's point in the first half was class!! Didnt touch it was his hand, three touches on the hurley and bang over the bar!

Does anyone know who he trains with when he's down here in Limerick? Is it just LIT? Or is he training with a club too? He hardly travels to Galway to train everyweekend does he?

Yea, i'd imagine he would travel up every weekend to portumna while also down with the LIT crowd.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ardscoil Rís, Ardscoil Rís, Ardscoil Rís!
    Ardscoil Rís, Ardscoil Rís, Ardscoil Ríiiii-ís!
    Ardscoil Rís, Ardscoil Rís, Ardscoil Rís,
    Ardscoil Rís, ARD-SCOIL RÍÍÍÍÍÍSSSSS!!!!!

• Advertisement

OMG, I totally forgot!:eek:
    What was the score insecty?!
    Did declan hannon play well?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

OMG, I totally forgot!:eek:
    What was the score insecty?!
    Did declan hannon play well?

3-13 to 2-11.
    Not sure how Hannon played, the two men on 95FM were frantic calling the action in the second half!

United v Liverpool tomorrow...

I wouldn't be worried about this normally, but Nani's comments during the week will have fired up the Scouse, and they could come back to haunt us. Silly boy...

Still though, Carragher + Skittles v Rooney and Berbatov? Yes please! :eek:

I'm crap at predictions, but it feels like it's gonna be one of those weekends, (like when we played Everton at Goodison on 07, or Villa at OT last season) where the title race will swing either into our own hands, or even further away. Can see Chelsea dropping points to Big Sam's Blackburn tomorrow, so hopefully things will work out favourably again.

Though to be honest...it's Arsenal I'm worried about now when it comes to the league...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Good weekend of sports coming up:

-Ireland's U20 Rugby team have all but won their 6 Nations championship (England would need to beat France by 47+ points tomorrow for them to take it).

-Ireland just need to beat the worst team of this current 6 Nations (going by the table and nothing else) in order to win a 5th Triple Crown in 7 years. Oh, and Tommy Bowe shall be playing, which makes for a very happy me.

-United play Liverpool tomorrow, which makes for a very nervous me. >.< However, it's a home game, and they've not had a great season so United should manage it. Form is entirely irrelevant in these games though..

Should be fun/involve me hiding behind the couch/various cushions at times..

3-13 to 2-11.
    Not sure how Hannon played, the two men on 95FM were frantic calling the action in the second half!

woah. Can't believe i forgot.
    Good news though :)

cmon ireland :D

United to win 3-0. Liverpool can't win in Old Trafford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Aoibheann wrote: »
    -Ireland just need to beat the worst team of this current 6 Nations (going by the table and nothing else) in order to win a 5th Triple Crown in 7 years. Oh, and Tommy Bowe shall be playing, which makes for a very happy me.
    I dunno about this now :P....and Italy are worse than Scotland in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

jumpguy wrote: »
    I dunno about this now :P....and Italy are worse than Scotland in my opinion.

I believe I said "going by the table and nothing else" m'dear.. :P

And we'll see. They're just making silly mistakes atm, if they get a good giving out to at half-time they might stop messing up. *crosses fingers*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Aoibheann wrote: »
    I believe I said "going by the table and nothing else" m'dear.. :P

And we'll see. They're just making silly mistakes atm, if they get a good giving out to at half-time they might stop messing up. *crosses fingers*
    This is like...the second time in a week I've said something and missed a salient piece of information in a post. :o

I'd like to see some substituitions...namely O'Gara for Sexton and Stringer for O'Leary. Has Stringer gotten any time in the 6 Nations this year, yet? Don't think so, which is a pity, he plays rather well most times he comes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

United to win 3-0. Liverpool can't win in Old Trafford

Yeah except that 4 - 1 win last season. :p

And I don't care what our current form says we could still win at OT tomorrow. I'm not going to rule anything out.

Advertisement