Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C+H Sports Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Where was the Community Shield being televised? I flicked around and found no mention of it anywhere. :(

I'm assuming City won?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Where was the Community Shield being televised? I flicked around and found no mention of it anywhere. :(

I'm assuming City won?
    ITV, didn't watch it, assumed it was on Sky. City won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Supposedly asking customers on the telephone when taking their takeaway orders, 'any chance your watching the cork galway match? Score update?' is unacceptale in a working environment :'(

According to my dad though Galway werent great and beat a limited and unexperienced cork side (which supposedly was kinda evident). Will have to watch the match back (yay for sky plus!) but congrats to galway. it'd be great to see them win an AI :) Another cracker instore for next weekend too with kk/tipp and i'm working again :( tempted to ring in sick. Gah, ma life is so hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

flyswatter wrote: »

I'm assuming City won?
    ITV, didn't watch it, assumed it was on Sky. City won.
    Ya, watched it on UTV/ITV myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

It possibly may have been discussed but I dunno. Anyone in C+H doing Fantasy Premier League this year?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

@frantic i'm the admin now i think for the C&H one, were u in it last year, if so u should be in it again afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

@frantic i'm the admin now i think for the C&H one, were u in it last year, if so u should be in it again afaik

Nah I wasn't in it last year, didn't even know about it! What's the code?

I'd be interested in joining the league as well. Its that glorious time of year when I'm full of enthusiasm for Fantasy Leagues. :)

I didn't rejoin the leagues automatically for whatever reason so if there is one running, can someone pm me the codes?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055983814&page=3

I didn't rejoin the leagues automatically for whatever reason so if there is one running, can someone pm me the codes?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055983814&page=3

• Advertisement

Cracking match between City and Southampton!

Not getting the result I'd like, but great stuff to watch IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I think its fair to assume Kilkenny will now hammer Galway in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Anyone watching the Ryder Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Ryder Cup?

Ya, It's poor enough by the europeans tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

We have not been good so far.

3 goals straight after the other in the Spurs United game, Spurs the better team but can't predict anything now.

United are a f*cking shambles. Still relying on f*cking Rooney to breathe life into the team. Didn't play at all until he came on. :mad:

United are a f*cking shambles. Still relying on f*cking Rooney to breathe life into the team. Didn't play at all until he came on. :mad:

They're much better now, Spurs a little lost, don't want to blow this against United again.

[EXPLETIVE DELETED]

Delighted with that, good discipline near the end.

• Advertisement

flyswatter wrote: »
    Delighted with that, good discipline near the end.

Definitely. I said it in the match thread, but well deserved win for Spurs. Took advantage of the bad team selection and inherent weakness in our midfield and capitalised on it.

Then put in an excellent defensive performance to keep a resurgent United at bay.

As much as I hate to say it (and believe me, I do since he's one of my all time heroes), I think it's time for Giggs to hang up his boots. He's never looked so poor. Even last season in his poorer performances you could tell he still had something to offer, but in these past games he's just looked past it.

As a complete aside, nice to see Spurs doing well. Hope they make a serious go of it this year, have always liked watching them play.

Ya, It's poor enough by the europeans tbh
    Didn't see any of it today, but if the performance so far is anything to go by they need to get the finger out badly.

Tiger is having a howler.

There's too much high-fiving in America too for my liking. And fist-pumping. And shouting. :P

There's too much high-fiving in America too for my liking. And fist-pumping. And shouting. :P

Those people that shout "GGEEEETTT IN THE HOLE!!!!" need to choke on a brick. :mad:

Those people that shout "GGEEEETTT IN THE HOLE!!!!" need to choke on a brick. :mad:
    "Woah, woah, super shot, woah GET IN THE HOLE!, woah, yeah *high fiving*, USA, USA USA *more high fiving*"

They are so unsporting too, cheers when we put a ball in the water and stuff like that.

Galway or Kilkenny?

Galway or Kilkenny?

H'ON GALWAY! :D

They'll get the sh1te bate out of them, but sure I'll support them anyway. :cool:

• Advertisement

Ah I'd say Galway will compete with them alright, lovely point from Walter Walsh there too.

Advertisement