Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C+H Sports Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

What is the meaning of 'Withdrawal Wednesday' in relation to Wimbledon?

Looks like it could be down to Murray or Djokovic to take Wimbledon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

What is the meaning of 'Withdrawal Wednesday in relation to Wimbledon?

Looks like it could be down to Murray or Djokovic to take Wimbledon!

7 players withdrew with injuries and it was Wednesday so there you have it.

2 more withdrawals today bringing the total to 9, equalling the record for most withdrawals in a single round in a Grand Slam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I have this conspiracy theory that they're pipping all the seeds out one by one with slippery courts etc.
    just so Robson and Murray will win :P
    All I'm waiting for next is Djokovic to come down with the "flu" and Serena Williams to awkwardly fall and pull out due to injury.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

If Murray and/or Robson win I would not be impressed, I dislike both of them for no real reason. I think there's something about their attitudes I don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Is Murray British again now? IIRC he immediately reverted to Scottish the last time he blew it... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Passed a group of guys today. They were of the "cosmopolitan college chap" type. Y'know the type, skinny jeans, trying to hard fringe, all branded clothes posh with an accent when in all likelihood they grew up on a farm in leitrim.
    anyway they were talking about sports as i passed.
    I thought to myself here we go
    "Oh you know I'm not really a fan of gaa anymore, I'm more into archery and things like that"

I wanted to stop and revoke his passport and man card.

"Alright lads back to nottingham forrest with ye, Robin's waiting. I see ye've already got ye're tights"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

What a match between Dimitrov and Zemlja! 2 2, 8 9, and now on 5th deuce! Hon Dimitrov!

Edit: :( Great match though!

Passed a group of guys today. They were of the "cosmopolitan college chap" type. Y'know the type, skinny jeans, trying to hard fringe, all branded clothes posh with an accent when in all likelihood they grew up on a farm in leitrim.
    anyway they were talking about sports as i passed.
    I thought to myself here we go
    "Oh you know I'm not really a fan of gaa anymore, I'm more into archery and things like that"

I wanted to stop and revoke his passport and man card.

"Alright lads back to nottingham forrest with ye, Robin's waiting. I see ye've already got ye're tights"

What's wrong with liking archery? :(

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    What's wrong with liking archery? :(
    nothing at all. I just can't imagine watching it to be very exciting :P

nothing at all. I just can't imagine watching it to be very exciting :P

I'd have agreed with you before the Olympics. It's actually oddly engrossing!

It's a bit like darts, except... not full of drunk idiots singing every 2 minutes. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Have been watching a lot of Wimbledon over the last few days. Yesterday's Djokovic vs Del Potro was a fantastic match. The third set was the best tennis I have ever seen. I had been hoping for a Del Potro win though so was left a bit disappointed. Either player would have been a deserving winner though.

Now just sitting down to Ladies' Final. Hoping for a Lisicki win today. I love the power and speed she plays with and she looks like she enjoys her time on court more than most which carries over to the viewers. Hopefully it'll be a good match anyway.

Watching Lisicki on the verge of tears half way through that match, uh so sad. Sucha good player but completely bottled it.
    Good comeback near the end but I wasn't really expecting her to break Bartoli's serve twice..

Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

First time since 1940, hon Limerick! :D

First time since 1940, hon Limerick! :D

H'ON THE MINORS :D
    Last night was just.. remarkable. Unreeeeeal match. Rare a team concedes four goals and still wins :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Pah, Limerick hurlers. The surprise of the season is Dublin

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Pah, Limerick hurlers. The surprise of the season is Dublin

Digging a hole........... :D

Digging a hole........... :D

A beautifully blue one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FF is back up and running, can you please PM me your team name, if I don't get a PM from you by the middle of September, I'll delete you off the league!

Anyone who was to join, let me know and I'll PM you the code!

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    A beautifully blue one.

Ahem...

I'm not upset over losing, tbh. If you'd told me last season that Dublin would beat Kilkenny and Galway, and would get to an All Ireland semi-final and only lose by five points, I would have told you that you were crazy. They didn't disgrace themselves at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Nicolas Roche wins his First grand tour stage.
    _VE_2013_0200_LIV02.jpg

BOHS ARE STAYING UP!

COME ON YOU BOYS IN BLUE!

(Totes wearing Dublin flag to college tomorrow)

FFS United... :mad:

Also, boo Dublin. (I don't really care, but I just would have liked Mayo to win because Dublin people are unbearable when they win anything)

Brendan Cummin is after announcing his retirement. A god between the posts. Goodnight sweet prince:(

OH MY GOODNESS!

What am I even watching.

This is fu*king amazing rubgy!

OH MY GOODNESS!

What am I even watching.

This is fu*king amazing rubgy!

My heart, she is broken.

That was a soul destroying ending. I'm done for the day after that.

I broke skin on my hand in three places when I slammed it down in frustration at the try. I also heard the people stop talking in the apartment upstairs when I shouted "F*CK!!" at the top of my voice.

Cruel, cruel ending. But I guess, on balance, NZ deserved it for sheer perseverance and... stuff.

• Advertisement

the two questioned passes and the retaking of the conversion just dragged out the crushing of the soul.

Advertisement