Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did some fella get stabbed outside the Roisin last night?

Options
  • 10-08-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

cos that's what it looked like to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nothing on www.galwaynews.ie
    Can you elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

well my recollection is hazy, cos i was very drunk...

but we saw a guy doubled up in agony, covered in blood, with a few people around him...someone, possibly his friend, was going around kicking taxis that were driving past, presumably cos they wouldn't stop..

my friend rang for an ambulance, there was a lot of people around, looking on and stuff. don't quote me on any of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Yeah it happened.

Thought something would be on the news about it as he looked in a bad way. But I don't think he was dying.

Ambulance was there quicker than the Gardaí, even though the hospital is further away and Mill Street is only around the corner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Maybe Galwaynews felt it was too 'Limerick' for them ....and ignored it .

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

kraggy wrote: »
    Yeah it happened.

Thought something would be on the news about it as he looked in a bad way. But I don't think he was dying.

Ambulance was there quicker than the Gardaí, even though the hospital is further away and Mill Street is only around the corner.

did you see the actual assault happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Some friends of mine were having a few cans down Spanish arch same night, minding their own, when a group of Galway's finest burberrys came over and asked for their cans. After some confrontation, the guys very casually pulled 3 Stanley knives out of their jackets and held my friends at.... knife point?

What I find even more sickly, is that there were girls present at the time. In fact there were more female bodies present there than male! My friends are 21 - 24 and the thugs that came up to them were literally under 18.

Luckily my friends ran up shop street as quick as they could, avoiding what could have been a fatal confrontation.

Galway is getting out of hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Were talking about Sunday night right?

I was out in the roisin that night too, my friend came running over saying "we have to get the fcuk outta here some guy just got fcuking stabbed over there, theres blood everywhere"

I looked over, saw the usual mess on the street that had just spilled out of the roisin and saw some guy going mental trying to get taxis and a few peole gathered around oscars. That was about it... didnt hear anything since so i imagine the person didnt die?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's the 4th stabbing I've heard of so far this summer, including Mayo.
    I see why the Garda are wearing stab vests now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Did the stabbing happen IN the Roisin :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Did the stabbing happen IN the Roisin :eek:

NO! it happened outside.... across the road even.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Nothing on this on breakingnews, galway advertiser or anything?
    OP are you sure it wasn't just some guy got his teeth knocked out and blood was everywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

kodute wrote: »
    Nothing on this on breakingnews, galway advertiser or anything?
    OP are you sure it wasn't just some guy got his teeth knocked out and blood was everywhere?

I wouldn't be too suprised. A lot of bad crap happens that doesn't get reported. It's sickening to hear about it though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i reckon he got a beatin, nothing more, we would have defo heard from keith finnegan if there was a stabbing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

fend wrote: »
    Some friends of mine were having a few cans down Spanish arch same night, minding their own, when a group of Galway's finest burberrys came over and asked for their cans. After some confrontation, the guys very casually pulled 3 Stanley knives out of their jackets and held my friends at.... knife point?

What I find even more sickly, is that there were girls present at the time. In fact there were more female bodies present there than male! My friends are 21 - 24 and the thugs that came up to them were literally under 18.

Luckily my friends ran up shop street as quick as they could, avoiding what could have been a fatal confrontation.

Galway is getting out of hand.

What a joke, we need viglantes to form in Galway to kneecap those pieces of filth.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

we do need vigilanties,group of travellers causing havoc in salthill all week.think they're untouchable.some business people went up to cop shop over thefts and general unruly behaviour,nothing done about it.re we supposed to stand by and let them do what they want?hope the person stabbed is ok.scary to hear this kind of story.no1 goes out thinking night could end this way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

2013.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I'm from London and don't generally bat an eyelid at this carry on, there's always someone shot, stabbed and/or killed here and a majority of the time they weren't innocent, sometimes I think the ACAB should just let them get on with it and eliminate eachother. But it's scary to see it happening in Galway, mainly because it's such a small town (in comparison). Most of us will have exchanged a few verbals at some point with a dafty who was getting wide with you, maybe even traded blows but you just don't expect it to go that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Does anyone actually know if someone got stabbed as there has been nothing on the media at all as yet which is surprising for somewhere the size of Galway - it would normally be all over Galway Bay Fm etc. Or is this a case of the good old internet version of Chinese whispers, the posters either saw something after the event or heard about it second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i agree, it would defo be in the news

Advertisement