Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Playing Insurance

Options
  • 10-08-2009 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi,

After 3 years in retirement I have decided to go back playing rugby.

I intend to play at senior / J1 level for a Div3 team.

I was wondering if anyone knows of what insurance policies are best for injury / Personal accident.

My worry is that my employer does not pay for any sick leave so if I get a bad injury like a broken bone or even concussion and I am out for a week or more my wages will be severely affected. In this tough economy I cannot afford to miss that much time as there is a mortgage to be paid every month!

Can anyone recommend a good policy that will cover me for any injuries?

Thanks in advance.

Potsy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 the general12

Your club will have compulsory insurance that is organised by the IRFU, through their brokers, Aon. Last year this cost €2,350 for each adult team irrespective of how many games they played (so now you know what your sub pays for!).

It is only designed to cover very serious injury and doesn't cover routine stuff. There is a top up cover available to Clubs but given its cost and coverage I don't know how many Clubs avail of it. We certainly cannot afford it.

Aon also have a personal plan available for individuals to top up their own level of cover. The details are here - http://www.aon.com/ie/en/about/aon_ireland/pdf/ROI_Indiv.pdf

Advertisement