Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on when to get a dog spayed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 justhedog

Most vets don't push for anything as far as I know, and only do what owners ask or require of them. The fact of the matter is a spayed bitch has a better long term reproductive health prognosis than that of a bitch left unspayed. A male dog unneutered and not allowed mate is a sorry frustrated animal too. The responsible owner will attend to his animal and take his health and psychological well being into account. If you're not going to breed your dog, the responsible thing is to ensure your animal is spayed and/or neutered. Not to do so is irresponsible and the reason our irish pounds are filled to the brim of beautiful, healthy, but unwanted animals. Spayed/neutered animals need not get over weight or altered in a negative way. Frankly Justthedog your attitude is prehistoric and unfounded and beginning to smack of 'conspiracy theory'.
    Prehistoric is a lot of todays dog owners, buying dogs totally unsuitable to todays city life and domestic life. I know of many examples of vets prolonging suffering to the end of the animals life for their own gratification and actually the younger the vets the more they seem to think they have the power of almighty. Since insurance of dogs and cats the more daring vets have become in what they think they can cure and fix. Hence the greed for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

'The power of the almighty?' Seriously, grow up. Either address the subject or stop wittering on in a strawman fashion.
    ( for the record, I don't know ANY vet that would willingly prolong the suffering of an animal without speaking to the owner of the consequences first.)

Advertisement