Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enhancing a still image from a DVD ???

Options
  • 10-08-2009 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Not sure if I'm even posting in the right section but here it goes anyway.

I'm looking for suggestions on what software could be used to enhance a still image from a DVD.

I have a work related DVD that shows a drum of material being used for a dispense test. The issue is that I need to enhance a image of the barcode label that is affixed to the drum so as to identify the material that was used.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Macker1 wrote: »
    Folks,

Not sure if I'm even posting in the right section but here it goes anyway.

I'm looking for suggestions on what software could be used to enhance a still image from a DVD.

I have a work related DVD that shows a drum of material being used for a dispense test. The issue is that I need to enhance a image of the barcode label that is affixed to the drum so as to identify the material that was used.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

You use photoshop. But how small is the part you want to enhance? as you enlarge it you lose quality

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

would the magnifier in windows do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

mp22 wrote: »
    would the magnifier in windows do the job.

I have never used. You could try win microsoft paint. got to view and then custom

But if the detail isnt there enlarging wont bring it out. IT depends how much you want to enlarge it and good a quality the camera is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Unless it's a HD camera you won't have much luck zooming the image.

Advertisement