Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALL IRELAND SEMI FINAL WATERFORD V KILKENNY ACTION

• 10-08-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

3807366801_5e901c9fa2_o.jpg

3808181876_3c17436b97_o.jpg

3807366345_da907cae17_o.jpg

3808180870_9e786053f2_o.jpg

3807365263_cf927cb457_o.jpg

3808179394_05370b69e8_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The first and second last ones are fantastic, definitely my faves of the lot.

We didn't do too bad either - Not as bad as was expected :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Nice ones! Pity the result didn't match up for da Déise.:(

But they restored the pride.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Lovely stuff.

I have a question though, normally when you post, the images are as sharp as a knife but these are softish in comparison. They're not soft per say but compared to your usual stuff they look soft to me.

Did you use a 2x or was it the rain or some other reason? Or am I just insane :) ??

EDIT: I see from the EXIF that you were probably using a 400mm f2.8 with a 1.4x converter!! Nice piece of kit. Would the 1.4x degrade the image quality that much on a 400mm as on a similar shot before you used a 300mm f2.8 with a 1.4x and it was incredibly sharp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Ballyman wrote: »
    Lovely stuff.

I have a question though, normally when you post, the images are as sharp as a knife but these are softish in comparison. They're not soft per say but compared to your usual stuff they look soft to me.

Did you use a 2x or was it the rain or some other reason? Or am I just insane :) ??

EDIT: I see from the EXIF that you were probably using a 400mm f2.8 with a 1.4x converter!! Nice piece of kit. Would the 1.4x degrade the image quality that much on a 400mm as on a similar shot before you used a 300mm f2.8 with a 1.4x and it was incredibly sharp.
    Ballyman, I don't see any softness in these just a shallow DOF on some, Mind you the light wasn't great yesterday, in general i don't find the 1.4x affects the quality on the 2.8 lenses Maybe i oversharpened the last batch? Thanks for your input, always appreciated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

SBPhoto wrote: »
    Ballyman, I don't see any softness in these just a shallow DOF on some,

I wasn't saying these were soft either just softER than the last batch here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055622580

The sunlight would have helped make these ones look so much sharper I suppose.

No criticism intended though. They're a lot sharper than anything I can produce!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cleeek

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Nice ones! Pity the result didn't match up for da Déise.:(

But they restored the pride.:D

Exactly...if you could have done some photoshopping to the end score, they'd be better :)

Great photos. My favourites are 1, 5, 6. 5 shows action of the game brilliantly. More of 6 would have been best.

The eyes in 1 are dead sharp.

Well done, nice work.

bernard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

They are pretty sharp Sean. Saw you at the game and the light was a bit hit and miss during the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

3808743197_7255f98b03_o.jpg

3808742957_c294351983_o.jpg

3809557692_ee71bd9fb5_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Brilliant shots Sean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Hopefully the GAA don't see this thread. They will go mad. That was part of my contract when I got access this year. They are clamping down on image rights big time. They are like the IRFU. You can't post images on the web unless for media use.

Love the shots!

• Advertisement
Advertisement