Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pricewise & Wayne Bailey Tips Log

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Tom Segal
    2.55 Haydock - Magicalmysterytour @11.5
    2.55 Haydock - Nemo Spirit @10.5 2nd
    3.30 Haydock - Finjaan @6.2

Pricewise Extra
    2.25 Haydock - Rock & Roll Kid @8
    4.30 Leopardstown - Eytarna @5.9

Not one winner

Bank €40.08

Pricewise Extra
    5.45 Dundalk - Total Excitment @ 9.8
    3.45 York - Eton Rifles @ 6.8

Bank €36.08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭bustertherat

pack it in and keep what money you have left

I'll be packing it in in 2 days time. I've stopped placing actual bets a few weeks ago so I'm not losing any money.
    This thread just proved to me that backing horses is a waste of time and money and I have taken the decision that I will never back a horse ever again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

i,m gonna go back to start of this thread and work out what bank would look like if 2 euro was added to next bet every time u lost,,,then back to 2 euro bet once winner came,,,or if some one else wants to work it out go ahead,,will bank be in profit or bust ......i may be wrong but i,m thinking bank would be way in profit,,, or i,m totally wrong,wait and see

• Advertisement

i screwed it up,.,. have to get times right,, order in which the horse ran,,,,remember that if your trying to work it out,,,i did get to page three with 50 euro more profit though,,,
    back to start now again,, ahhh

Don't think it would work because of the frequency of the winners. The losing streaks are quite long at times. It was pointed out at one stage that there was 1 winning bet in 30 races.

So imagine if you had 30 losing bets in a row. Bet 1 would be €2, 2nd bet €4, 3rd bet €6 and so on. By bet 30 you'd have nearly a grand spent. Don't think it would work in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Boxfresh wrote: »
    This thread just proved to me that backing horses is a waste of time and money and I have taken the decision that I will never back a horse ever again.

Good for you if you never do back a horse again.

All this thread proves though, is that blindly following the same tipster on every selection they give, is crazy.

The problem with pricewise is that you've got to either follow every single tip or don't follow them at all in case you miss a big winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭boccy23

Boxfresh wrote: »
    I'll be packing it in in 2 days time. I've stopped placing actual bets a few weeks ago so I'm not losing any money.

Best of luck. I agree and have gone down a similar route. Save all my large bets for "Sports" bets and do small stakes Yankees on larger priced horsed.

• Advertisement

Pricewise Extra
    5.45 Dundalk - Total Excitment @ 9.8
    LOSE
    3.45 York - Eton Rifles @ 6.8 LOSE 3rd

Bank €36.08

Pricewise Extra
    4.30 Newcastle - Amethyst Dawn @ 4.2
    5.00 Newcastle - Shifting Gold @ 5.3

Wayne Bailey

2.30 Newcastle - Aalsmeer @ 1.6

€2 singles

Bank €30.08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

Confab wrote: »
    Hmmm. Just goes to show that these tipsters really are a joke. Much obliged for the real life examples, OP. I note WB has also changed his site format and has hidden the day-today results. 8.53% total return... I get more than that investing in forestry :D

Hi Confab.

Regarding the ROI, I don't think it's all that bad for a free site. Even Harry Findlay has said that most professional gamblers struggle to earn 10% ROI so I'm quite happy to have achieved 8% or so for free. ROI is a better measure than simple results and sometimes people look at it the wrong way. For example, I could back €1000 on a even money shot and immediately double my bank. However, to do that over and over is a different matter entirely. The ROI takes into account the amount staked in total so is more reliable than stand alone results on most sites that make claims of X amount of profit per month.

Regarding the results - The reason I took down the daily results is because the list was getting too long basically.

You may remember that I was taking a photo of the spreadsheet and posting the picture up as an image. After 40 bets or so, it simply got too big to paste on the page if I wanted to keep the type a reasonable size.

But thanks for the heads up and I've put back up the part that says a full list of qualifiers/results can be sent by email (in excel format) if requested.

Pricewise Extra
    4.30 Newcastle - Amethyst Dawn @ 4.2
    LOSE
    5.00 Newcastle - Shifting Gold @ 5.3
    WIN €10.07

Wayne Bailey

2.30 Newcastle - Aalsmeer @ 1.6 LOSE 2nd

€2 singles

Bank €40.15

I give up. What a load of sh¡te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Haha.

Perhaps it's not for you mate. Lesson learnt perhaps.

Knowing my luck there'll probably be 10 winners in a row now! If anyone else wishes to keep this thread going they are very welcome to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I layed WB's odds on pick. Only wish I'd backed the winner @ 40/1:D

RESULTS ARE IN,, DRUM ROLL,,
    HOPE I,M RIGHT,, but no doubt few mistakes,,,, like when i win,, i add winnings,,but never add back on the stake which u get back to put in the bank,,,so figure could be higher,, this month bank would be at 368.00 if you had been putting on extra 2 euro ever time u lost,, ie 2.4.6.8.10,,,
    but i must admit bank was in red on 3 occasions,,,

so what u make of that????

argosy2006 wrote: »
    but i must admit bank was in red on 3 occasions,,,

Enough said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

the problem with following pricewise is your not getting value,by the time your reading the paper the price he advised has gone and the key to successfil punting is VALUE

wasnt in red that much,,, i only got to
    2 , 4 ,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,, .add all that up and u get 306...lowest i got was to -122..... and 36 on the next bet recovered it big time,,,graduate stakes is good thing to do,,,on a large scale not possible

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭beya2009

This was a great idea of a thread:) But haha made me laugh how Boxfresh ultimately lost his bank but at least he was smart enough to stop putting real money half way through at least. I've heard that Pricewise is the best tipster out there but boy I've also heard his losing streak can be brutal. Apparently a few years ago he lost 42 bets in a row!:O No matter who you are...if your religiously following his tips during that bad patch...that's some money to lose! ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Does wayne still post on here? I do like to read the two lads in the Indo on a Saturday. Think Wayne put up Tagula Night to win last week as his each way bet of the day

Advertisement