Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H and M

Options
  • 10-08-2009 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Anyone noticed the stickers covering the sterling price on all garments in H and M in the republic?
    They are impossible to remove without tearing the price off.
    The reason, they are using at the very least a 1.5 euros to £1 sterling rate. In some cases the rate is 1.7 euros. Both currencies are visible on the items in the north.
    I have to ask, how much time and labour was used to put these stickers on?
    Why will they just not be honest and leave the price visible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

mcwhirter wrote: »
    I have to ask, how much time and labour was used to put these stickers on?
    Why will they just not be honest and leave the price visible.
    Because people will bitch about the difference just like they do with every other company trading here with sterling/euro prices, they're just trying to save themselves that hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Probably, but it does them no favours hiding the price like that, sneaky feckers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Probably, but it does them no favours hiding the price like that, sneaky feckers

Will it stop people shopping there?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Oh but dont ya just love peeling off the labels to have a nose at the difference in price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

They will have to increase even more after you, to cover payroll costs incurred following you about the store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    They will have to increase even more after you, to cover payroll costs incurred following you about the store.

Bring it on I say!

They can follow me all they like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

In defense of H&M, they are a Swedish company and if anything, the sterling price is calculated backwards from their primary euro price (most of their business is in eurozone) and then changed to compete with the likes of Primark / poundstretcher in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

The clothes there aren't really badly priced anyway, I always find decent enough stuff in there if I stay away from the outrageously homo section.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

griffdaddy wrote: »
    The clothes there aren't really badly priced anyway,

hhhmmmmmmm I used to think that until last week when I went in to look for an outfit for my 3yr old daughter ... jeans , little toddler jeans were €22.90 ... I was stunned .. needless to say , I didn't buy them.

Advertisement