Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roller door for Garage - advice needed

• 10-08-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi,
    i am thinking of getting a roller door for a garage i am hoping to build, can anyone give me any advice as to which type to get,
    how much i may be paying for one?
    where can i get one?
    thanks in advance.
    galway area

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If it will be in an exposed area, go for the strongest one you can find. They catch alot of wind and certainly here in mayo, if the door is facing the wind and is anything over about 7 ft wide, they get blown in so often. Only if directly facing winds though. Something to consider anyway. Also, its not hugely expensive to have them motorised so that might be worthwhile too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

2 mates used a supplier in Cavan, I just got a quote last week & will be getting door ope sized tomorrow for installation.

1k all in for automated unit in Louth at the moment
    1,915 for insulated version. Don't know how far they go around the country though. PM for name.

Throwing in free 1st service (approx 70eur) plus additional "fob" (30eur approx) as a special at the moment :) Every little bit helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭40701085

€750 should get you a bog-standard door for a 10'*7' opening, in black/white.
    Special colours, insulation, electrics, good looks all extra after that.
    Make sure it closes properly at the top - I had problems with my fitter on this count.
    Give the lock a shot of WD40 early on to prevent it seizing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

1600 for 2x automated doors in Cork with 4 dual channel fobs

I did look at the insulated route, but to my mind it doesn't make much sense. If I end up spending alot of time in there I'll fill the garage door opes with blockwork and leave the cars outside!

purerandom ask questions like

Q: What is your parts/labour warranty?
    Q: How available are spare parts (for those companys that import the doors)?
    Q: Have the doors been certified to some recognised security level?
    Q: What colours do your provide?
    Q: What are the lead times on the installation and later on getting parts?

and most important

Q: Can you give me contact details of customers so that I can go and look at the doors in action!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Glulam

I used Hangar Doors in Cavan. Good quality door and fully automated.

Google for details

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Thats the same firm as I got quote from Glulam, not sure about naming them here though, read the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chrusty1973

My brother in law & my mate both used Burke Doors near Tuam and both happy. Price was reasonable, I have no affiliation with above.

Advertisement