Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programmer/Analyst/Web Designer Rates

Options
  • 10-08-2009 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

I hope this is the right place but if not then feel free to tell me where I should post this.

I am looking for indicative current rates per hour/per day for the following types of work:

iPhone Development
    Android Development
    Symbian Development

Web Designer
    Web Developer

DB Design
    DB Developer

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

CPL recruiters keep a salary guide on their site, may be of help;
    http://www.cpl.ie/SalaryGuide2009/default.asp

Other recruiters or industry groups probably do similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I hope this is the right place but if not then feel free to tell me where I should post this.

I am looking for indicative current rates per hour/per day for the following types of work:

iPhone Development
    Android Development
    Symbian Development

Web Designer
    Web Developer

DB Design
    DB Developer

thanks

What level of experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭suspectdevice

AARRRGH wrote: »
    What level of experience?

iPhone, Android and Symbian developers would have to very up to date so massive previous experience cannot be expected. It might be that a good portfolio of recently developed applications with a good ground in mobile development would do. Also being able to demonstrate device to live database application development would be good.

Web Designer - again it might just be a good portfolio developed over the past 4-5 years
    Web Developer - 4-5 years

DB Design - 4-5 years minimum
    DB Developer - 3-5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

iPhone, Android and Symbian developers would have to very up to date so massive previous experience cannot be expected. It might be that a good portfolio of recently developed applications with a good ground in mobile development would do. Also being able to demonstrate device to live database application development would be good.

Regardless of their experience in these specific technologies their previous experience in other similar areas would have a large bearing on the salary expectations, for example having a good track record as a senior dev would have huge implications on salary even if your not overly familiar with the language being used as its a given that you will learn it and will be able to do so quickly.

Advertisement