Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

romantic restaurants

Options
  • 10-08-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

Taking a very special lady friend out on friday evening for dinner so i was looking for a nice place to eat thats fancy enough (not too much though!) and somewhere thats romantic, maybe with couches or a cosy setting or something?? or whatever im not really sure im open to ideas!

Afterwards any ideas on something to do thats different from the whole goin for a few drinks thing?? gettin sick of drinking at this stage!

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭bakkiesbotha

king-stew wrote: »
    Taking a very special lady friend out on friday evening for dinner so i was looking for a nice place to eat thats fancy enough (not too much though!) and somewhere thats romantic, maybe with couches or a cosy setting or something?? or whatever im not really sure im open to ideas!

Afterwards any ideas on something to do thats different from the whole goin for a few drinks thing?? gettin sick of drinking at this stage!

Thanks folks.

Trocadero for dinner. No ideas for afters from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Trocadero for dinner. No ideas for afters from me.

Looks nice! what makes you recommend there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd go with the Troc too, but you know bringing a lady to a romantic restaurant is like taking her for a spin on a fast motorbike - you can build both, but it takes the rider to bring out the performance ;)

Best of luck pal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

The Port House in South William Street... lit by candles etc. cant go wrong.

http://www.menupages.ie/restaurants/the_port_house.aspx

they dont take bookings though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

+1 for the Port House.
    Absolutely gorgeous place. I should mention that its only a tapas bar but ye can fill yourselves up on a few different plates.
    Id recommend the cheese platter, mini steaks, patatas bravas and brochettes with a nice bottle of red.
    Go in about 40 mins before to order a table and ask if you can get one in the corner downstairs.

• Advertisement

La Caverna in Temple bar, bring the other half there on many occasion. Great food and romantic.

http://www.menupages.ie/restaurants/la_caverna.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

was in the cedar tree friday, salamanca thursday both great. then I would suggets 4 dame lane after. nice and dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Oh Les Frères Jacques on Dame street, it's VERY fancy and a little expensive but fabulous food and really rosemantic, I for one just love it!! :)

If that does not take your fancy I'd recommend El Bahia on Wicklow street, the food is great, think you can request one of the rooms off the main floor which can be romantic and it's different which can give you and somthing different to talk about.

No idea about afterwards, is there anything to do but go to a bar after dinner in Dublin? A walk on the boardwalk is all I can think of and can't see it being very romantic with it being the hangout for the hardend drinkers of dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Interested to see where the OP went in the end..?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

+1 for the Port House.
    Absolutely gorgeous place. I should mention that its only a tapas bar but ye can fill yourselves up on a few different plates.
    Id recommend the cheese platter, mini steaks, patatas bravas and brochettes with a nice bottle of red.
    Go in about 40 mins before to order a table and ask if you can get one in the corner downstairs.

+1 for the Port House. Impossibly dark, with just candles to light the way. And tapas are GREAT for sharing...

lady_tramp_spaghetti.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

cronin_j wrote: »
    Interested to see where the OP went in the end..?

Hola! went to the port house, had chosen it from menupages.ie then came back to this thread and seen the reccomendations so that confirmed it!

Was a great place! very romantic and cosy, had 5 plates of tapas to share and 2 glasses of wine and it came to a measly 40 euro! what a bargain!

Advertisement