Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking at new phone but can't decide

• 10-08-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭

What would be the best all-rounder for in between 100-200 Euro on the o2 network?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Few to choose from really, what you like, or not like.

Slider?
    Qwerty keypad?
    touchscreen?

or would you consider buying a phone another way, example ebay or adverts.ie? Might get more for your money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

VolvoMan wrote: »
    What would be the best all-rounder for in between 100-200 Euro on the o2 network?

Thanks.

I'd recommend the Sony Ericsson C510 for €139 on O2 prepay, based on your price range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Davy wrote: »
    Few to choose from really, what you like, or not like.

Slider?
    Qwerty keypad?
    touchscreen?

or would you consider buying a phone another way, example ebay or adverts.ie? Might get more for your money.

I'd say top of the list for me would be style and overall value for money as regard to features.

Well the brand new nokia 6303 is nice and is just €129.

Or touchscreen samsung tocco lite €149

or for email and browsing the newish e63 €189

I must admit that all of these look very good and I am going to give them serious consideration. I'm just going to see first if any retailers like Xtravision are selling off any expensive phones cheap. Nobody has heard of any of these bargains I take it?

• Advertisement

Just to let everyone know I went for the Sony Ericsson C510 in the end. It was a toss-up between that and the Nokia 6303 but it was the 3.2 megapixel camera with flash and USB cable that sealed the deal for me. Although now that I see how cheap the Samsung Tocco can be got for I'm sort of regretting my decision.

What does everyone think?

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know I went for the Sony Ericsson C510 in the end. It was a toss-up between that and the Nokia 6303 but it was the 3.2 megapixel camera with flash and USB cable that sealed the deal for me. Although now that I see how cheap the Samsung Tocco can be got for I'm sort of regretting my decision.

What does everyone think?

You made the right decision by going for the Sony Ericsson C510 and you should not feel any regret over not choosing the Samsung Tocco. While the Tocco might be around the same price, it is a completely different handset with regard to design, function and usability.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    You made the right decision by going for the Sony Ericsson C510 and you should not feel any regret over not choosing the Samsung Tocco. While the Tocco might be around the same price, it is a completely different handset with regard to design, function and usability.

Yeah you're probably right. The Tocco is form over function really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Sorry for bumping this thread...

I see the C510 is worth €149 on O2 now, what gives? I thought phones became cheaper as they aged.

Sorry for bumping this thread...

I see the C510 is worth €149 on O2 now, what gives? I thought phones became cheaper as they aged.

That is odd. Generally handsets become cheaper over time, but sometimes, when a company notices a rise in sales, the price is increased to make more of a profit; this may be what O2 have done.

• Advertisement

You can take 10% off if you use iPROMOTIONS as a promo code before sept 30th

Advertisement