Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in belle lake waterford

Options
  • 10-08-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all

I was wondering has anybody done any fishing on Belle lake outside waterford city on the dunmore east road. I have heard that the stocks have fallen dramatically in the lake and I never seen anybody fishing it.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

Hi there

I ve fished bell lake good few times for pike, always caught a few pike on the lures, never any luck dead-baiting. The reason its stocks have fallen is because its been illegally netted by"you know who" for their dinner tables, i was their one day and saw away off to the left two guys in the bushes throwing out lines with large red and white floats, no doubt with live bait on. I ve also seen them with their lidl and aldi rubber dingys going off over to the other side using nets, i rang the fishery people but may as well have rang me mother. Its scandalous whats been allowed to go on there. Believe it or not, their was a chap that owns a restaraunt in waterford city caught out on the lake one morning with some of his mates netting it for his kitchen.You could hire boats from a house nearby, but im not sure if you still can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dermo f

Thanks a million. Ive heard a few stories similar to that alright and that stocks have seriously dropped in the lake. It's a pity as there aren't that many good pike spots around here or not that I know of anyway. Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

no problem, another good spot for pike is down the road at St Mullins,the river barrow, try spinning from the quay up to the loch gates, or go further on up from the loch above the waterfall is good for pike too.You can walk all the way to graignemanagh on the river path.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dermo f

Cheers man

I must give that a try in the winter. I'm heading after bass this week, with the good tides it should be promising

Advertisement