Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you beep people who fall asleep at the lights?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Slightly Off-Topic but a friend of mine had a habit of calling people on the phone when they were in his way! Picture sitting in traffic behind the car who is behind the small builder Trooper / Pajero type with their contact details all over the spare wheel (not so much of them around these days mind you, builders in jeeps that is not spare wheels!). Anyhow he would call said builder / various service provider on his phone (handsfree of course!) and give driver of said vehicle some 'lackery' about holding up the traffic and wait to see the reaction in front of him. Very childish I know but also a very amusing way of spending the evening commute out of the city! Certainly more entertaining than beeping!

I did something like this recently...

Having had this idiot in a van up my ass for a mile or two (and it's not like I was driving slowly as I was doing the limit), he finally blasted by and continued tearing on down the road.

Caught up with him at the next town and proceeded to call the number on the back - which happily diverted to his mobile. I duly enquired if he was the owner of a van reg number 05-D-xxxxx and then proceeded to lambast him about tailgating and speeding through built up areas and that the next time I'd be ringing his boss directly followed by the Gardai.

By the time I was done with him he was all apologies and even thanked me for the call! :D

Advertisement