Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How difficult is it to find house that accepts pets?

Options
  • 10-08-2009 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

How difficult is it to find a house to rent in Galway City that allows pets in the house? Has anyone had experience of same? Also, the house would need a secure back yard. Feel free to PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We found that the 3rd house we viewed accepted cats when we were looking. Guess it depends too if you mean cats or small/big dogs.

Just ask when you approach the landlord through daft/advertiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

cats are easy, we just don't tell the landlord ;)

dogs might be a differant story aand i presume it is a dog you have when you need a back yard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nukinfuts

you're probably better off just asking the landlord/lady directly - I know on daft if they allow pets it's listed, we managed to get a place that allowed cats that way, but even if they didn't have it listed there'd be no harm in asking them and they might write it into the letting agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Moved house about a year and a half ago and it took ages to find a landlord that would let me have my two dogs. Ended up putting an ad in the "Accom Wanted" section in the Advertiser and was contacted by my now current landlord. Agencies are a no-no I found so contact landlords directly and if they're iffy maybe offer them extra money on the deposit? Good luck with the house hunting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

I live up in front of Mullan Mor and quite a few people seem to have dogs there and are renting, I think Landlords have become more lenient with this since there are so many houses to let. There's a few places here that have been empty for ages, so I'd say a lot of Landlords will be happy to get anyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

Where is Mullan Mor?:o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Definitely offer the landlord some sort of pet deposit, so if there's any pet related damage it's covered. There won't be but it'll make the landlord feel more at ease having the dog there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

We have a small dog, last two landlords didnt know about her but we moved into a new house 2 months ago and told the landlord about her. they hadnt advertised that they allowed pets but when we decided we wanted the house we told them we had a dog and they said they were let me know. so they rang an hour later and said it was fine as long as she was housetrained (which she is) so its worth the ask. there are so many available houses around as well so landlords cant really be too picky!

Advertisement