Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Christianity for consistent low-level trolling. What trolling?

Options
  • 10-08-2009 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I recieved a warning last week from Fanny Cradock to stop trolling or else I'll get a ban.

Although I disagree with the trolling charge (it was a playful comment) I said to myself: fine I'll lay low for a while. So I layed low for a while!

Five days later, I get a message saying that I'm banned. For what, I don't know. Fanny Cradock says that it's due to consistent low-level trolling. I can't see any posts of mine in the christianity forum that could be deemed as consistent, let alone trollish.

What posts causde the ban I'd like to know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You posted this yesterday
    Damn bro that's some bangin' shiat.
    In relation to this post here.

@Yesterday, 21:22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Hi Godon

Ok, somebody posted a RAP SONG in the Christianity forum.

I replied with "Damn, that's some bangin' shiat". For those of you not down with the homeys, that is gangsta speak for "By Jove! What a jolly good song!"

Have you ever seen Boyz N the Hood? In one scene, Ice Cube is relaxin on his porch when a car drives past with tunes pumping out of it. Ice Cube says "Damn that shiat is bangin"....
    ie. Jolly good tune.

Why was I banned for saying that?

Trolling was the reason. I would have said thread-spoiling though. Your sig leads people to believe that you wouldn't be posting in the capacity of a Christian Community forum member, but an Atheist Community forum member. And if they don't want off-topic posts there, then they will warn and ban to keep threads on topic. I'd imagine.

Ok. If I disrupted the thread, I'd gladly accept the ban. But I didn't derail or spoil the thread at all... You saw what I posted, it was a friendly comment, nothing anti-christian or anti-anything really. It pertained to the song in the first post.

And what does thread spoiling mean anyways? Did I really spoil that thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Some posters getting banned is like a footballer getting sent off for throwing a punch or for a particularly nasty tackle.

Overblood is like a player who gets two yellow cards for persistent minor offences all over the pitch.

For example, Overblood, your contribution to a discussion on the Apostles' Creed was "Having fun lads?"

You enter a discussion on a Christian rock festival to ask how you can get in to have access to 2500 virgin females.

You have a track record of asking stupid questions and then deliberately pretending to misunderstand the answers. Then, when another poster asks a question, your comment is "Don't expect a simple answer."

Quite frankly the inhabitants, and the mods, of the Christianity forum are tired of you. You add nothing to the discussions and don't even have the redeeming feature of being funny.

In the last 7 months you have managed to pick up 12 yellow or red cards from 9 different mods. That indicates that you are not being persecuted by any particular moderator or forum, but rather that you have a trolling problem. As the old proverb says, 'If you can smell crap everywhere you go then you're better off inspecting your own underpants before blaming anyone else.'

• Advertisement

Overblood wrote: »
    And what does thread spoiling mean anyways? Did I really spoil that thread?
    Thread spoiling can fit a range of explanations, but technically it's posting something that will cause the topic of the thread to veer of course in some way. Thread spoiling could be a troll posting trollish gibberish, or someone posting a question that detracts from the topic and focuses users on a different direction, away from the topic. Usually thread spoiling is done with intent, otherwise it would just be off-topic. Whether or not you intended the thread to go off-topic, I'm not sure, it's the Mods call.

PDN wrote: »
    For example, Overblood, your contribution to a discussion on the Apostles' Creed was "Having fun lads?"

That's hardly a serious offence is it?
    You enter a discussion on a Christian rock festival to ask how you can get in to have access to 2500 virgin females.

Kelly1 saw the humorous side of it, and he's the most fervent christian in the forum.
    You have a track record of asking stupid questions and then deliberately pretending to misunderstand the answers.

The questions only seem stupid because you "know everything" already. Imagine somebody asking the Physics forum "why isn't the moon sucked into the earth since they're both attracted to eachother"... A decent person would explain, another person might call him a dimwit for asking such a stupid question.

Then, when another poster asks a question, your comment is "Don't expect a simple answer."

Post an example of the above scenario here please.
    Quite frankly the inhabitants, and the mods, of the Christianity forum are tired of you. You add nothing to the discussions and don't even have the redeeming feature of being funny.

That's mean.
    In the last 7 months you have managed to pick up 12 yellow or red cards from 9 different mods. That indicates that you are not being persecuted by any particular moderator or forum, but rather that you have a trolling problem. As the old proverb says, 'If you can smell crap everywhere you go then you're better off inspecting your own underpants before blaming anyone else.'

They are very minor issues.

Advertisement