Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Konami playing at?

Options
  • 10-08-2009 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Metal Gear Online

On the scheduled maintenance on July 28 2009, we will implement a penalty system that penalizes players with a high rate of early exiting during online matches.
    The penalties assessed are stated below.

Early Exit Rate 「Infrequent」:No Penalty assessed
    Early Exit Rate 「Minimal」:Experience will be credited and GP will be reduced
    Early Exit Rate 「Somewhat Frequent」:10 minute ban from matches Experience will be credited and GP will be reduced
    Early Exit Rate 「Frequent」:30 minute ban from matches Experience will be credited and GP will be reduced

*The values for each rate will not be disclosed.

Players are not assessed penalties if the host has disabled the "log personal stats" under the host settings.

i really do like that.... no more lvl 17 quitters

While I can understand Konami have implemented this controversial system to stop players from quitting half way of near the end of the match to save their stats..I just feel its very tedious.

If your withdrawal percentage is high (Like 30%) if you quite a round or your router disconnects then you cannot play online for 30 minutes. This error message comes up:

"This character cannot currently be used. (0A50.FFFFF6E6E)

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sounds like a great idea to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thats a brilliant idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I think it's great. Tournaments can be ruined by 'leavers' so anything that deters people is great. I'm not sure that disconnects count anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Simple solution: don't RAGEQUIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

beya2009 wrote: »
    While I can understand Konami have implemented this controversial system to stop players from quitting half way of near the end of the match to save their stats..I just feel its very tedious.

If your withdrawal percentage is high (Like 30%) if you quite a round or your router disconnects then you cannot play online for 30 minutes. This error message comes up:

"This character cannot currently be used. (0A50.FFFFF6E6E)

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thread hasn't gone the way you were expecting I assume!

While I see your point, if you are disconnected by a shoddy router, then you will more than likely only ever be the Infrequent section.

If your router is causing you to be in the Frequent bracket, then I think your router is the problem, not Konami.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

lol :L

Hi Otacon,

Yep ur right! Everyone seems to be agreeing with Konami. I just want to bring out some interesting points now.

Why did Konamia wait over a year to bring the system into place? There is no doubt that high level players like level 15, 16 or 17 more than likely have a withdrawal rate of like 50% i'd say as they want to save their precious stats by quitting halfway through a match if their having a shocker lol. So these people will suffer with this system as they will be docked points and will have to wait half an hour to play MGO again. (Makes them think twice).

Its convenient Konami introduced this system after the game has sold over like 4.9 million copies. Its smart thinking from a business perspective. I did marketing for my masters so I can clearly see the logic.

And there is no doubt in my mind that the next MGS series for the PS3 will not have this system in place at the start so sales are healthy.

My problem is that if my router disconnects, then I simply cant log on to MGO for half an hour as my withdrawal rate is 35%. And btw im no expert..im only a level 4. i was just leaving rounds if it was too hard or I didn't like the type of mission. The thing is, since they implemented this system...my withdrawal rate has reduced from 39% to 35% even though I get router disconnections from time to time (not that frequent) so it looks like router disconnections are not counted but yet u get penalized for it as I cant go on for 30 mins. At least when my withdrawal rate goes down to like 10-15% its only a ten minute wait.

Now I check each session carefully to see if I want to play it and the only time i will leave is at the start of a round as that does not count.

My first impression was like Konami are stopping people playing a game they bought with their own money by time restrictions ban. Lets face it..there will always be cheats in online games. Every online game I have there are cheats, laggers or spammers lol

I know a few m8s who told me MGO is finished for them after this system and will move onto 2 other games like COD4 and resistance 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

My problem is that if my router disconnects, then I simply cant log on to MGO for half an hour as my withdrawal rate is 35%. And btw im no expert..im only a level 4. i was just leaving rounds if it was too hard or I didn't like the type of mission. The thing is, since they implemented this system...my withdrawal rate has reduced from 39% to 35% even though I get router disconnections from time to time (not that frequent) so it looks like router disconnections are not counted but yet u get penalized for it as I cant go on for 30 mins. At least when my withdrawal rate goes down to like 10-15% its only a ten minute wait.

As I said, that's an issue with your router and not really Konami's fault. While I can understand frustration at this, point it at NetGear [or whoever made your router] and not Konami, who are implementing a system that deals with an issue people have complained about for years.
    I know a few m8s who told me MGO is finished for them after this system and will move onto 2 other games like COD4 and resistance 2.

...and the MGO community is the better for it! [if they were cheating...]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

fair play Konami!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Lol Yep its a netgear router I have. Its dirt..I think im going to purchase a good linksys router.

Advertisement