Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz NZ weather now ?

Options
  • 10-08-2009 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hi, what the weather like in Oz and NZ at the momentm, i understand its winter there now but what is that like ? is it like winter at home or more like an irish sumer (which is pretty sh**) ? What sort of temperature would ut be in septenber and october ?
    im thinking of heading to do auss east coast for around 6 weeks and then doing 2 months in NZ, leaving in around 2 weeks, should the weather stop me ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

According to toady's weather forecast in Sydney we'll see a min of 11 degrees celsius and a max of 18, so it's not too far off the temperatues back home. I must admit though that I do find it quite cold here at night. I think we're just about over the worst of it here and it should start getting warmer in Sept/Oct. This is my 3rd Winter here and each one gets colder as you adapt to the weather. The first winter I was here I didn't find it cold at all - I'm sure you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Our max today in rural Vic is 14 degrees, with a min of 6. Due to rain a bit during the week. This is about as dull as it gets, which isn't bad considering it's the equivalent of February in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Spring is arriving to NZ at the moment but I think it's going to get a bit worse again before it gets better. Technically winter is almost over, when are you arriving? September is spring.

Winter here, in NZ, is just like home except it doesn't get quite as cold and is much windier (antartic winds too). You would need hats and scarves and things though. Oh, and there's no central heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

at the moment, in Chrsitchurch anyway, it's getting to about -1 to 3 degrees over night, and cloudless sunny 12 - 16 degrees during the day.

i woudlnt really compare it to an irish winter...

though i do agree that the winds can be a bitch, though probably not so much down here as in wellington.

it's my partner's son's birthday soon, and it's quite usual for there to be snow in the week of his birthday, so im not holding my breath that this good weather is gonna last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

24 degrees in Brisbane today and getting hotter this week :D Winter???? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

rained earlier today in sydneys eastern suburbs but ok'isk now. rest of the week is meant to be in the late teens / early twenties so just nice.

This time of the year I reckon is the best time to come if you are coming for a longish stay in Sydney from Ireland. Just nice weather and building up to the hot summer. First time i ever came to Australia was at the height of summer and it knocked me about a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Rained there a while ago. Not raining now.

Advertisement