Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone getting missed calls from 051 501000???

Options
  • 10-08-2009 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

This has been going on for a few weeks now, missed calls from an 051 501000...no message left...phone them back and they'll never answer. :mad:

I know other people this has also happened to and I've found 2 other people on this website with the same complaint:

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/051501000

Anyone any ideas??????????! Maybe its a premium number in disguise and is a moneymaking trick :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

its the rigney dolphin call centre they work on behalf of loads of people ntl chorus,bmw,citroen to metion but a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Mystery solved, many thanks for that :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sounds like someone you know is calling you from their work number :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

try explain this!! my girlfriend is out in lanzarote with her two kids and on two seperate occasions her name has come up on my phone and a different voice at the end of the line as confused as i am to whats goin on are obviously trying to contact someone else and end up somehow getting directed through her number and ends up ringing my phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

try explain this!! my girlfriend is out in lanzarote with her two kids and on two seperate occasions her name has come up on my phone and a different voice at the end of the line as confused as i am to whats goin on are obviously trying to contact someone else and end up somehow getting directed through her number and ends up ringing my phone

that is weird !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Id say its NTL, if its coming from rigney dolphin ... When I ordered my TV from them lastyear, I started getting calls from unknown every single day, it would just ring and hang up, it started after that automated call that they do when that voice rings to confirm your appointment. I rang them and it stopped straight away but that was after about 2 weeks of wondering what the hell it was...it was SOO annoying !! :mad:

daftdave wrote: »
    that is weird !!!
    tis very weird and the first time it happened the guy was as shocked as i was he was prob ringing his girlfriend or wife and though what the feck is another guy doin answering her phone coz i thought the same thing and rang her phone back and asked her about it and she was as shocked too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

This happens if someone from another country is in Ireland and rings home without their international access code. It then gets routed to an Irish phone (yours in this case!) and because the number is the same as your missus, shows as her caller id without her voice :) I know this because I called an Irish number (without the 353 prefix) from Germany before and got a "Guten tag"...not sure who was more confused! So I dialed the number again to be sure, the guy was not impressed :P

wellbutty wrote: »
    This happens if someone from another country is in Ireland and rings home without their international access code. It then gets routed to an Irish phone (yours in this case!) and because the number is the same as your missus, shows as her caller id without her voice :) I know this because I called an Irish number (without the 353 prefix) from Germany before and got a "Guten tag"...not sure who was more confused! So I dialed the number again to be sure, the guy was not impressed :P
    ah i see its mad the way this can happen though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭recharge

ah i see its mad the way this can happen though

Thoese protein shakes and going to your head boy!!

recharge wrote: »
    Thoese protein shakes and going to your head boy!!
    hey the feckin cheek!!! do you know me or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭gussieg

Getting calls today from 051595120 when I try to ring it back it says unrecognised number mystery solved its Airtricity

Advertisement