Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catastrophic 1911 failure!

Options
  • 10-08-2009 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

So, I bought a KJ Works CO2 model 1911A1 off Hobbyairsoft last week. Beautiful piece, excellent weight, feel, trades etc. Surprisingly strong kick for an airsoft, and good power too. All-round great gun!

However, after having put about three mags through it in the last few days (for hop-adjusting purposes), I pick it up today to give it a go again - Co2 in mag, mag in gun, rack slide, pull trigger, boom! Sprays my hands / arms with cold CO2, and she stops firing. I try to rack it again - stuck.

So I disassemble it to check it out, and hey presto - there's a bright orange-red component (piston maybe? First GBB, so not too up on their mechanics) split clean in half. Exploded if you will. I'd post pics, but my digicam had a similar failure not so long ago.

Anyone any ideas on where to source new piston? I might phone Hobbyairsoft tomorrow and ask them about a replacement, but in the meantime, what might have caused such a failure? Any ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

its called a Loading Muzzle, you can get them on ehobby i think. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Cheers, I wonder can they be got in metal / steel? That plastic seemed very flimsy for the amount of pressure it had to take. Blew it right in half ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

The exact same thing happened to mine and I hadn't put much more than 4 or 5 mags through it. The blue nozzle actually came out the ejection port partially on mine.

Wonder what causes it? It seems to be a pretty weak point in the design, for a part that takes so much pressure to be made of plastic? Surely metal would've been better.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnny test

So, I bought a KJ Works CO2 model 1911A1 off Hobbyairsoft last week. Beautiful piece, excellent weight, feel, trades etc. Surprisingly strong kick for an airsoft, and good power too. All-round great gun!

However, after having put about three mags through it in the last few days (for hop-adjusting purposes), I pick it up today to give it a go again - Co2 in mag, mag in gun, rack slide, pull trigger, boom! Sprays my hands / arms with cold CO2, and she stops firing. I try to rack it again - stuck.

So I disassemble it to check it out, and hey presto - there's a bright orange-red component (piston maybe? First GBB, so not too up on their mechanics) split clean in half. Exploded if you will. I'd post pics, but my digicam had a similar failure not so long ago.

Anyone any ideas on where to source new piston? I might phone Hobbyairsoft tomorrow and ask them about a replacement, but in the meantime, what might have caused such a failure? Any ideas?
    Hi alan you need to lub the slide to stop this happening again. Send it back to hobbyairsoft and get them to fix it.I had the same problem with my 1911. ps you were fireing my one the night G-tac2 opened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

You can get these off ebairsoft for less than a tenner posted, but they should replace your gun all the same.

also a metal loading nozzle would probably damage your bb's maybe? Not sure though...Doesn't matter in any case as winter pistons are available, nice and strong

Hi alan you need to lub the slide to stop thishappening again. Send it back to hobbyairsoft get them to fix it.

And you recommended it to me! Damn you! *shakes fist* :p

Yeah, I'd say they'll replace it alright. Funny thing is, I had just the night before stripped it down and lubed the slide rails with plenty of silicone oil. Ironic, eh?

zero19 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter in any case as winter pistons are available, nice and strong

Will definitely consider installing one on the replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tendrax

Ok, Two things first, I know I'm new, and I know this thread is old, but I figured it was better to bump this with my question instead of starting a whole new thread.

I have the exact same problem with my pistol(same model, KJW M1911 FM Co2 GBB-609-CO), but I'm wondering how to remove the old broken part to replace it. I've been searching the net to the best of my ability and I just cannot find anything detailing how to replace the loading muzzle.

If anyone knows how to remove the old part, or whether or not instructions would come with a replacement piece could you let me know please?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

This happened to me on the FIRST SHOT in mine.. The dude in Cartronix replaced for free. It was scary - the tank vented in one or something cos the recoil was NEVER that strong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Tendrax wrote: »
    Ok, Two things first, I know I'm new, and I know this thread is old, but I figured it was better to bump this with my question instead of starting a whole new thread.

I have the exact same problem with my pistol(same model, KJW M1911 FM Co2 GBB-609-CO), but I'm wondering how to remove the old broken part to replace it. I've been searching the net to the best of my ability and I just cannot find anything detailing how to replace the loading muzzle.

If anyone knows how to remove the old part, or whether or not instructions would come with a replacement piece could you let me know please?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

try you tube. some dis assembly vidz there

Advertisement