Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype Phone - PLEASE HELP!

Options
  • 10-08-2009 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I live in Shannon, Co.Clare. My boyfriend lives in England and I stay in contact with him by using skype on a phone. I bought my Sony Erricon K660i about 1 year ago. It costed about €134 and the person in the 3 store told me it was a good phone. However, it has given me nothing but problems. Most of the time it cannot connect to a call on skype and it can be very difficult to use. Because of this, I have been tempted to buy a cheaper and probably more usefull alternative which is this, the skype phone:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/allfeatures/3skypephone/s1/

What I need to know is... :confused::confused::confused:
    1)Does my skype phone work off my internet connection at all? Because I used to have a 14 MB and now I run on a horrific 1 MB. However, my phone has remained a difficult piece of technology.

2)Also, what is 3G? And is the 3G signal strong in Shannon? How can I find out? Does a phone with strong 3G mean that it will run better for Skype?

3)Is this Skype phone what I want since I only need a phone purely for calling and texting him efficiently?

4) Also, what is a broadband dongle as shown in this phone description:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/allfeatures/3skypephone/s2/

Please let me know if the phone on the first link is my best alternative because I really need a good skype phone with good signal to 3G or my internet connection. :confused: Any extra information such as prices and best offers are also grealy appreciated. Thanks in advance! :p

Reida

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Funny how I posted this over a year ago and never got a reply. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its not a year yet :pac:

Did you get anywhere with it?

Their was a lot of info and questions in the post and that can turn people off from replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

If you are having a prob with Skype on a 3 phone, uninstall Skype and reinstall a more recent version of Skype of Planet 3 link on your phone (3 can talk you thru this )

Advertisement