Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Fitness Log

Options
  • 10-08-2009 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

After typing out a big long winded post that took me half an hour to type, I got logged out, so here I go again :)

I currently weigh 14 Stone, 5.5 lbs. Quite a high BF although I broke my calipers so I can't measure :o

My goals are as follows

To lose 9 pounds of fat before August 31st
    To lose a further 8 pounds of fat by September 30th - After this I'll be seeing where I am and re-evaluating my goals.

I'm going into 6th year so I will have lots of itme to workout until the end of August, but time will be tighter in September due to school work.

I will be sticking to a high protein, low carb diet until September when I will need the extra energy for study and the likes.Then I'll increase the carbs and lower protein slightly.

I will be alternating between resistance training and Cardio each day, with a rest on Sunday.I'll be shuffling this around monthly to stop me hitting a plateau.

My workouts will be something like this:

Mon- chest and back
    Tue- Plyometric
    Wed- Shoulders and Arms
    Thurs- Yoga (surprisingly ****ing hard!!) :pac:
    Fri - Legs and Back
    Sat - Kenpo Karate
    Sun - Rest

Will post Pics and proper measurements ASAP!

Constructive criticism welcome :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

WHy woiuld you increase the carbs but lower the protein??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

Why are you doing back twice?

He could too big, which as we all know lowers IQ.:D

Seriously though Itsa is right - maybe you should post a typical days eating up?

Al_Fernz wrote: »

I'm gonna take a punt and say he's doing deads and back seperate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Fitness_Log_Man

Because I can't eat that much protein and that little carbs forever. I'll be having a diet that is low carbs for one month, then switching to high carbs for the next two. Is carb cycling a bad idea?

An accident, I didn't mean to write it down twice :o

I've spent quite a while on this diet and had no difficulties at all, just lately I've spent too much time partying and not enough time sweating.

Here's a typical low carb day's eating

Scrambled Eggs (No butter)
    3 slices fat free turkey bacon
    6oz OJ

Post workout - Protein shake

Lunch -
    Chicken salad, no dressing w/ 3 cups lettuce or whatever salad greens I have
    Veg soup

Snack
    Pistachios

Dinner
    8oz salmon
    1 cup rice
    1 cup broccoli

As i said, it's not the diet that's causing problems, just lately i've been lacking motivation.Hopefully I'll get a right kick up the arse now if I'm f*cking around....

• Advertisement

Because I can't eat that much protein and that little carbs forever. I'll be having a diet that is low carbs for one month, then switching to high carbs for the next two. Is carb cycling a bad idea?

Carb Cycling is generally not month on month off!!!

And protein should intake should remain fairly stable when carb cycling anyway.

Carb Cycling is generally not month on month off!!!

And protein should intake should remain fairly stable when carb cycling anyway.

Oops...I mean it's one month low carbs, 2 months high.

Yeah, protein won't actually be low at any point, it'll just change from high to average.

Oops...I mean it's one month low carbs, 2 months high.

Yeah, protein won't actually be low at any point, it'll just change from high to average.

But WHY???

You're an 18 year old man. I don't care what your goals are, you need to eat more food then this. No wonder you lack motivation, because if I ate like that at 18 I wouldn't have been able to get out of bed, let alone train. This diet is not high protein it is low.....everything.

The way you're thinking now is completely wrong, i.e. more carbs, or indeed calories, equal more bodyfat. You need to get to the stage where you think more food equals more energy which in turn equals more training effort. With more training effort you will get better results and lower bodyfat.

But WHY???

If I keep eating loads of protein while increasing the carbs I eat, but without increasing activity will I surely not be consuming too many calories?

• Advertisement

If I keep eating loads of protein while increasing the carbs I eat, but without increasing activity will I surely not be consuming too many calories?

Which is why you should carb cycle properly. Why would you want to up carbs if you're not increasing activity.

Also im assuming while you're low carbing, you're going to be on a calorie deficit?? so you could up carbs keep potein constant and still not go over maintenance levels.

What are your goals?

The way you're thinking now is completely wrong, i.e. more carbs, or indeed calories, equal more bodyfat. You need to get to the stage where you think more food equals more energy which in turn equals more training effort. With more training effort you will get better results and lower bodyfat.

I'm already eating somewhere in the region of 2700 calories a day. Energy isn't a problem.

Thanks for all the advice lads btw :)

Plyometrics today

Jump squats *20
    Run stance squats *20
    Airborne Heisman 30 secs
    Swing kicks 1 Minute

Jump squats *20
    Run stance squats *20
    Airborne Heisman 30 secs
    Swing kicks 1 Minute

Rest

Squat Reach Jumps *20
    Squat switch pickups *20
    Double Airborne Heisman 30 seconds
    Circle Run 1 min

Squat Reach Jumps *20
    Squat switch pickups *20
    Double Airborne Heisman 30 seconds
    Circle Run 1 min

Rest

Jump Knee Tucks *20
    Mary Kates *15
    Leapfrog Squats - 30 secs
    Twist Combo - 30 seconds

Jump Knee Tucks *20
    Mary Kates *15
    Leapfrog Squats - 30 secs
    Twist Combo - 30 seconds

1.5 min water break

Mary Kates *15
    Leapfrog Squats - 30 seconds
    Twist Combo 30 seconds

Rest

Rock stars - 16
    Gap Jumps *10

Had to take a break here, legs felt like stone...

Squat Jacks 30 seconds

Rock stars - 16
    Gap Jumps *10
    Squat Jacks 30 seconds

Really tough workout...feels good though...

Advertisement