Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista not recognising admin

• 10-08-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Hey all.
    The old man got himself a new laptop (vista home premium sp2)
    I was trying to diagnose issues with his network config there using command but found it was saying
    The requested operation requires elevation

Does this mean there is an administration issue? I have the user set as an admin but is also the only user name. I heard there must be a default admin too?

:confused:

Sorry I'm clueless to vista (coming from xp user)

Thanks to all big time!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Try right clicking on the command prompt and choosing run as administrator

Admin accounts in Vista are still kind of limited by something called user access control, if you switch this off then they will behave in the same way as XP and wont pop up those bloody annoying confirmation messages every 10 seconds (you have to go to control panel > users > in there somewhere...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Poxy vista!

Thanks Tman. Problem solved.. and those stupid pop ups are not coming up anytime I run programs..

Advertisement