Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP PLEASE!!! Refused Life Insurance

Options
  • 10-08-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased a house but I have been refused a mortgage protection policy from Irish Life because I (foolishly) admitted to taking recreational drug in the past. Does anybody know of any insurance companies that are a little less strict with their policies?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Is it life assurance or mortgage protection you're trying to get? Your best bet is probably going through a broker, they'll apply around for you. They'll also be able to tell you what your chances are of getting the policy. Unfortunately, you'll have to answer all the questions on the application honestly, because if the company find out you've lied, the policy will be null and void.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dah

jeepers101 wrote: »
    I recently purchased a house but I have been refused a mortgage protection policy from Irish Life because I (foolishly) admitted to taking recreational drug in the past. Does anybody know of any insurance companies that are a little less strict with their policies?

Once you have been declined life cover this will be noted for any future applications so ensure to mention about taking recreational drugs elaborate when last time you took such a drug might help then again past might have been last week. Anyhow on basis of just recreational drugs some insurer will take you on board. Try 123.ie or go to a broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

jeepers101 wrote: »
    Thanks guys

Differant companies take differant stances on certain medical issues.

Contact a broker. They can goto the underwriters of each company and enquire about cover for you. If you have a clean bill of health apart from your recreational disclosure, you would have a good case.

Advertisement