Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm acting up

Options
  • 10-08-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a HKC alarm Securewatch. It's always worked perfectly, but last night it set when I thought it wouldn't.

Did some more digging and two zones (type: alarm) weren't working. I.e. even if window was open panel thought the circuit was closed and allowed alarm to set (part A, B or full).

Came home today and it now recognises one of the two zones are open when I have a window open. Other zone is still always assumed to be closed.

Anyone know why this is happening and how I might get the other zone working? But concerned about the reliability of the alarm - it's in a few years but it latest panel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hello,

I have a HKC alarm Securewatch. It's always worked perfectly, but last night it set when I thought it wouldn't.

Did some more digging and two zones (type: alarm) weren't working. I.e. even if window was open panel thought the circuit was closed and allowed alarm to set (part A, B or full).

Came home today and it now recognises one of the two zones are open when I have a window open. Other zone is still always assumed to be closed.

Anyone know why this is happening and how I might get the other zone working? But concerned about the reliability of the alarm - it's in a few years but it latest panel.

You should get a service on your alarm. One or more of your sensors are faulty on the zone that is showing open. A service will tell you what sensors need replacing.
    Hope this helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

altor wrote: »
    You should get a service on your alarm. One or more of your sensors are faulty on the zone that is showing open. A service will tell you what sensors need replacing.
    Hope this helps..

I would totally agree if the problem was the zone was open when I thought closed. However, the problem is that the zone is closed when I know there a device open on it. Which might suggest something wrong with the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Not sure how it happened, not sure I still believe it, but wire going from panel to attic - somehow the two cores that were connected to that zone fused together on the way. When I switched to 2 spare cores in the 8 core - worked no problem.

I'd understand it there was a huge weight on the wire - MAYBE - but it was not laid where people walk. Never saw it before in all the alarms I've installed.

Advertisement