Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N98+

Options
  • 10-08-2009 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a Nokia N98+ with space for two sims cards, but when I put my sim in it does not work. I think it's unlocked. Anyone have a similar problem or know where I can find a manual in english.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Probably won't be able to find an English manual as it's a Chinese phone and nothing to do with Nokia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Aye. Probably one of the trendy NDKIA phones doing the rounds.

Clue would be that Nokia dont generally do Dual sim phones. This is a dodgy Chinese import.

Most common reason for your problem that I've heard is that Your sim is 3g and wont work in a Chinese 2g phone. Get one of the back street phone doctors to fiddle with it and you should be ok.

(Dont expect Nokia to fix it when it eventually dies, mind you...:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bobbyjoe wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a Nokia N98+ with space for two sims cards, but when I put my sim in it does not work. I think it's unlocked. Anyone have a similar problem or know where I can find a manual in english.

If you do find a manual in english it wont help. You need a gsm sim card, which networks dont issue anymore. Hope you didnt spend to much on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

****e- do you think it's worth brining to one of those back street shops or is the gsm sim the only one that will work in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

****e- do you think it's worth brining to one of those back street shops or is the gsm sim the only one that will work in it?

My Vodafone sim works grand in mine. I have 2 vodafone sims in it. Could never find a manual, but I find my way around the phone grand. I was warned when I bought it that it was a piece of crap and would not last long, but I still have it. Paid about 40 Euro for it in Koh Chang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Hi,

Thanks
    There is no such thing as a Nokia N98+. You've been sold a cheap knock off.

Some of these support regular 3G Sims but most will only accept the old GSM sims.

No chance of finding a manual for it though. Where did you buy this anyway? Ebay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

There is no such thing as a Nokia N98+. You've been sold a cheap knock off.

Some of these support regular 3G Sims but most will only accept the old GSM sims.

No chance of finding a manual for it though. Where did you buy this anyway? Ebay?

http://www.google.ie/images?hl=en&q=nokia+n98%2B&rlz=1R2MOOI_enTH382&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=UqYMTJutBsmzrAfT4ZmSDQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CC4QsAQwAA
    As I said mine works fine in Ireland with vodafone. Can also watch TV on it, but as most stations are didgital now, have limited viewing. I bought mine in asin on route to Austraila. No English manual. I bought mine for very little so expected little in return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PiAnt

For the money, it's not a bad buy at all. Does what it says on the tin.

Download the manual (such as it is) at the link below (PDF, clean, uploaded by me).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/byn8ok

Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

i dont understand why do ppl actualy bother buying these phones? can u not see how fake they are? do u not do research with official sources on the cabailities and specs?

even from the amount of of threads here you would know their crap

Advertisement