If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with LG 37LG6000 LCD

• 10-08-2009 9:52pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 265 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Not sure whether to post this here but I thought it a good idea before I make the trip to Belfast.

I got one of these beautiful TV's for Christmas (was purchased by my Dad at the Richer Sounds in Belfast) and I have been in love with it since but it has recently developed a problem. Every now and then the TV will refuse to respond to any of the controls, (remote, side hard controls or power button) and the only way to turn off the TV is by switching it off at the wall. This will will persist for a random period of time before rectifying itself. Killing the power doesn't always resolve the situation either, I left it unplugged for over an hour the last time and when I turned it back on the controls still wouldn't respond.

I couldn't find anyone on-line with a similar problem so if I was hoping someone in Richer Sounds could give me an idea as to my options before I drive up to Belfast with it. (I'm currently in Dublin)

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Chris.

Firstly, sorry to hear that you are having problems with such a great TV. It was a mega deal as you are aware.

I haven't come across this before, except when someone was running a lot of wireless technology in the same room and it was causing some sort of interferrance. Not likely to be the problem with yours unless you just introduced some new tech into the house.

We should be able to get LG to call out to you instead of you having to make a trip.

Drop me a number by PM and I'll call you tomorrow to discuss the options.

Regards

Dave
    Belfast Manager

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

betafrog wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thanks for getting this sorted for me, have had the TV back now over a week and everything is perfect so thanks for going out of your way to have it sorted for me.

Just a few questions regarding purchasing the extended warranty for it, is it too late to buy it now seeing as the TV was bought last christmas? If it is still possible to buy how much would it cost and would the lack of a receipt be an issue?

Thanks again

Chris

Chris,

Are you mad? Will we let you take out an extended warranty on a Tv that has already been faulty???? :eek::eek:

..Of course we will for a Boardie - just give Dave a bell on 04890.321.332 or Kenny on 04890.33.00.44 and tell them I said it's okay and they will get you sorted!

It's a beautiful TV BTW - I sold one (32") to my sister in law..

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

I have told Dave & Kenny that you may call.

ATB J

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.