Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky tv on Vodafone

• 10-08-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

It states on the Vodafone website that the value pack is €4.99 per week.

Do you also have to pay per kb on top of that as it sounds quite expensive to watch if so .

Does anyone know if it can be accessed through wifi as opposed to Vodafone live ?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

No you dont pay for the data streaming. Only for browsing the portal and find the channels.

Wifi, no go. Has to be accessed via vf live or isp apn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you've got a sky or chorus subscription etc you can use a sling box to watch your own tv on your phone or computer anywhere in the world, it'll work over wifi as well. A generous data add on is a must...
    Works very well, you can even flick the channels...used to have it working on my e65 but never set it up on my e71, I use it for watching the telly while at work on my laptop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I tried it last night and its awful in my opinion. The picture is far to blurry so definitely not worth it. I have a slingbox and was going to try it but it cost $30 for slingplayer mobile - thought it use to be free. Is the sling picture any good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

haven't used the mobile sling in about a year, it was free when I used it last, picture is 100% on the laptop and i'm just using the old bog standard sling box with a chorus connection...mobile picture was fine as well over wifi, bit hit and miss over my 3G connection...that's down to the mobile network though and not the sling service..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

You Do get Charged Data Costs For Mobile Tv on Vodafone.
    Im on Ready to Go and have gone over my 50mb a day for 99cents lately and they have emptied my Balance.
    I Rang them up last month and they Are charging for the data.

When purchasing if you go to the bottom theres an asterix and the say that your subscription charge does not include delivery data charges and browsing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Nowso wrote: »
    Im on Ready to Go and have gone over my 50mb a day for 99cents lately and they have emptied my Balance.
    I Rang them up last month and they Are charging for the data.

When purchasing if you go to the bottom theres an asterix and the say that your subscription charge does not include delivery data charges and browsing.

Do you think its worth it though ?

I thought the picture was quite blurry on my N97.

Tried to watch tennis last night and couldnt see the ball!

Not great you would be better get a cheap sat dish.

Sky sports 2 didnt work for me for a while.
    It ok if ur stuck for Attheraces etc but keep a watch on your data etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You get charged for the pages you browse to find the video. You pay for the video using your subscription, but you do not pay for the downloading of the video clip on top of that.

You do Now check it out i went over my 50mb using tv alone the other day and they cleaned out my credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

You do Now check it out i went over my 50mb using tv alone the other day and they cleaned out my credit

Thats really stupid.. Means you can watch about 30 mins tv and then ur done as regards that day's allowance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You should get this checked out, you shouldn't be charged twice for the clip

Davy wrote: »
    You should get this checked out, you shouldn't be charged twice for the clip

I rang 3 times last month and got the same and used it last night and using up my data . I think its a new charge but they said it wasnt. They said the subcription is only for Sky and they charge you for the data

Advertisement