Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading new garmin map from SD to MapSource

Options
  • 10-08-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All,

I have a Garmin Nuvi760, preloaded with the European map, heading to USA so bought the additional map on an SD card. Got it working on the Nuvi no problem, but i was looking to setup waypoints etc using Mapsource. But when I go to download the map from the Nuvi I get the following error
    "Some maps could not be opened because the following MapSource products are not installed:
    City Navigator North America NT2010.1"

Going through the help menu it seems I need to load the map, and it should allow be to choose each map from a drop down menu. But I cant see how I can do that.

Any Ideas?
    Also Garmin have been no help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Garmin are rarely any help, they believe its FU customer, we have your money now FUP off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Maps bought on SD cards, or that come pre-loaded on the sat nav, cannot be downloaded and viewed with Mapsource on your computer.

On the other hand, maps or updates bought and downloaded from the garmin website will be installed on whatever computer you use to transfer the maps to the sat nav.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ileno

Well what a load of arse:confused:

But I have the european map on the MapSource, thats prob because I downloaded the European update. Might try download an update for the USA and see if that works.

Cheers Lads

Advertisement