Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do YOU crush ice ?

Options
  • 10-08-2009 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Took me ages using a big fancy blender to crush a bowl of ice. I've tried using a "Bullet" but that can't handly more than a few cubes. I've tried the hammer and towel trick but I can't seem to pull it off, the ice just gets stuck to the towel and you can't get it small enough and there's always a few big bits.

So what's the trick to crushing then ?

For cocktails such as Mojito of course :pac:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Have used the towel trick but it's not the best! I've seen cocktail bars using the manual ice-crushers which seem to be decent

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

np for me, gots my fancy ice-crushing making fridge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Damn you Jenny :(

Any chance you could gimme a loan of some ice ?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You should have it in a plastic bag, then wrapped in the towel. Or if you have something "blunt" enough and a thick enough bag you can leave out the towel, the towel is to sort of dull or spread the blow out.

Some freezer bags are nice & thick, or you can double bags up. Lots of foods come in pretty sturdy bags with ziplocs thingys on them, like some brown breads. These should hold up to at least one session. You can put an old mat or towel on the ground, then a bit of wood, then a bag with ice, then more wood on top. So hitting wood ontop this spreads the force out more evenly.

I have a bullet thing too, works better with ice and liquid, but of course you cannot have a bowl of crushed ice then.

Sure :D
    *hands pint of crushed ice*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

mrfrosty.jpg

Swap you my fridge for Mr. Frosty? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

I put it in a plastic freezer bag and smash with a rolling pin, works a treat ;) and very therapeutic to imagine its someones face.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

jenny2hat wrote: »
    Swap you my fridge for Mr. Frosty? :rolleyes:

Don't knock Mr Frosty! It's one hell of a workout :D You can get ice crushers for about a tenner in Arnotts.

I was being serious :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement